Taking The Foot Off The Gas.

Freestyler

Why oh why do we constantly take the lead then sit back for the rest of the half and invite pressure?

Tonight was just another great example, 1-0 after 6 minutes and then we just got outplayed for roughly 15-20 minutes, west ham scored and after that they could of scored a few more, city always do this, that's the difference between us, the rags, chelski and arsenal, when they go 1-0 up they don't sit back! they go for more and see trhe game off, if we had gone on for more we could of had 4 by half-time.

second half we didn't sit back much, and look what happened, second half clean sheet and i can't recall shay actually making more than 1 save.

Not a dig but something we do and we have to get out of the habit of doing, annoys me.

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Why oh why do we constantly take the lead then sit back for the rest of the half and invite pressure?

Tonight was just another great example, 1-0 after 6 minutes and then we just got outplayed for roughly 15-20 minutes, west ham scored and after that they could of scored a few more, city always do this, that's the difference between us, the rags, chelski and arsenal, when they go 1-0 up they don't sit back! they go for more and see trhe game off, if we had gone on for more we could of had 4 by half-time.

second half we didn't sit back much, and look what happened, second half clean sheet and i can't recall shay actually making more than 1 save.

Not a dig but something we do and we have to get out of the habit of doing, annoys me.

UTD did the same in the derby which allowed us to equalize 3 times. I think its a Premiere League mentality to be honest. In Spain, they just go for the kill no matter the score. Barcelona is a good example. To them the score is always 0-0.

yes remember city being 3 nill up against bournemouth at half time and ending up drawing 3 - 3 oh happy days get real

MCFC_Freestyler said:

It could be worse - we could have Sven - he'd have shut up shop after that first goal and we'd have only been allowed to attack on the break for the next 85 minutes.

skybluekings said:
UTD did the same in the derby which allowed us to equalize 3 times. I think its a Premiere League mentality to be honest. In Spain, they just go for the kill no matter the score. Barcelona is a good example. To them the score is always 0-0.

Spain is one of the worst for "bad last 10 minutes". Most teams are beaten before they set foot on the pitch at Bernabeu and Camp Nou. They then spend 90 minutes locked in their own penalty area trying to keep the ball out, with no intention of scoring themselves.

der-bomber said:
lts called keeping possesion, drawing the sting and calming things down, all the top teams do it..

That's right.

the term "sit back" is much overused by football fans. There;s much mreot o it than that. Just becuase you come under pressure for a bit and defend it, doen't mean your "sitting back".

We are always ready to break like coiled springs when under pressure. That's the gameplan and has resulted in most of our goals this year.

On another night we'd have had 6 with the chances created..

They could have scored 5 tonight and we still would have won. We looked well capable of stepping up a gear if needed. Of course because it's City we get nervous but after the first two minutes when we blitzed them I had no doubt we'd win.

MCFC_Freestyler said:

Sorry, but the game I was at we could have been 3 or 4 up before they scored. It was after this that they had a bit of possesion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.