Talk talk price increase.

paulchapo

I've had an e mail from talk talk advising me my supposed fixed price broadband deal is rising by £2 a month. Indeed one of their selling points in their many adverts is that the price won't rise during my fixed term. Surely this is illegal? They have said if I phone them before the 18th April I can cancel with no penalty charge but it still sounds like a breach of contract to me. The cheeky fuckers are bumping up the price a fair bit every year too.

"From 18th April 2021, your monthly price will go up by £2 for your Faster Fibre Plan. We’ve also made some changes to your terms and conditions. From 2022, each April we’ll increase the amount you pay per month by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus 3.7%, "

Anybody know any better deals and companies?

I've had an e mail from talk talk advising me my supposed fixed price broadband deal is rising by £2 a month. Indeed one of their selling points in their many adverts is that the price won't rise during my fixed term. Surely this is illegal? They have said if I phone them before the 18th April I can cancel with no penalty charge but it still sounds like a breach of contract to me. The cheeky fuckers are bumping up the price a fair bit every year too.

"From 18th April 2021, your monthly price will go up by £2 for your Faster Fibre Plan. We’ve also made some changes to your terms and conditions. From 2022, each April we’ll increase the amount you pay per month by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus 3.7%, "

As to whether it's a breach of contract, that really depends upon what your contract says.

Whether it's something Advertising Standards or Trading Standards would want to look at however (assuming they did say there would be no price rises) then that's a different matter.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Talk Talk with a barge pole. They were a customer of mine some years back and to a man, absolute twats to deal with. If you have an exit clause, I'd use it!

They all do it, you just have to play their game and keep swapping when it gets too high for you.

I've been with them years and although I've had a few blips, no real problems at all, although like some here, I know of many who can't stand them.
Not had an Email though mate, unless its arriving later, if I do I'll swap
to whoever if they're cheaper, I don't give a toss which one I use.

As to whether it's a breach of contract, that really depends upon what your contract says.

Whether it's something Advertising Standards or Trading Standards would want to look at however (assuming they did say there would be no price rises) then that's a different matter.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Talk Talk with a barge pole. They were a customer of mine some years back and to a man, absolute twats to deal with. If you have an exit clause, I'd use it!

Due to everything being closed the BroadBand companies have got us by the short and curlies haven't they and boy are they now squeezing. On a slightly more worrying note to arrogantly say they are going to increase it every year by almost 4% on top of the CPI hints that they know we're going to be over reliant on it for a fair bit longer than everyone imagines.

Due to everything being closed the BroadBand companies have got us by the short and curlies haven't they and boy are they now squeezing. On a slightly more worrying note to arrogantly say they are going to increase it every year by almost 4% on top of the CPI hints that they know we're going to be over reliant on it for a fair bit longer than everyone imagines.
What sort of service (speed) have you got? You can get a decent fibre broadband deal for around £25/m. For example:

And that gives you £75 cashback as well.

I've been with them years and although I've had a few blips, no real problems at all, although like some here, I know of many who can't stand them.
Not had an Email though mate, unless its arriving later, if I do I'll swap
to whoever if they're cheaper, I don't give a toss which one I use.

Like you I've been with them for years and on the whole they've been okay compared to the horror stories I've heard about companies like Virgin. My price stayed around £19.95 for years until my last review when it went up to £22.95. For this though I got the faster broadband and it was supposedly fixed for 18 months. I'd check your e mails. I haven't looked in a while, nine was sent on the 19th March.

What sort of service (speed) have you got? You can get a decent fibre broadband deal for around £25/m. For example:

And that gives you £75 cashback as well.

£22.95 a month for the phone and superfast broadband.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.