levets said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
I thought this was worse:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7sNO92GPuQ[/youtube]

Media & FA: "Well he is a Top 4 player so lets all turn a blind eye"

I thought this was worse
====================
No way!

Nigel's tackle could have cause serious damage to Alonso... I don't think he intended to cause injury at all... just reckless!

Yeah, de Jong's style of play and generally tackling often involves his feet or leading foot being way off the ground. Last night was the worst example of it, but I think that Nige is not a malicious player, unlike the two tackles from Bosingwa on Benayoun and Skrtl on Jo. Both quite deliberate and both of which didn't even end with the perpetrators giving away a free kick, let alone a yellow card. If FIFA or anybody else wants to come it, let's dredge the archive and see what indignation emanated from their posteriors when the two fouls from CFC and LFC players were committed.

there's always this one on jari litmanen a few years ago ;p

14ug9zt.jpg

Challenger1978 said:
shadygiz said:
there's always this one on jari litmanen a few years ago ;p

14ug9zt.jpg

Fucking hell thats bad, what happend with that one did the guy get a ban and was the guy that got his head took of ok ?

absolutely fuck all mate, guy got a yellow....i remember van gaal at the time doing a running karate kick down to touchline to show the match officials what he thought of it

20081123100251_Van_Gaal__karatetrap.jpg

shadygiz said:
Challenger1978 said:
Fucking hell thats bad, what happend with that one did the guy get a ban and was the guy that got his head took of ok ?

absolutely fuck all mate, guy got a yellow....i remember van gaal at the time doing a running karate kick down to touchline to show the match officials what he thought of it

20081123100251_Van_Gaal__karatetrap.jpg

I don't know if its just the way that looks from the animation but he could of fucking killed the guy. Wow, jesus, thats a proper neck breaking kick to the face.

Comparing it to Cantona is a bit extreme, but I'm surprised with the amount of people just laughing at it and cheering for De Jong. What he did should never ever happen on the pitch, how is it even possible? Absolute disgrace and I'm embarrassed to have such a player on City. What a cheating little thug.

You guys should take off your skyblue glasses and face the reality, this is one of the reasons we are better than everyone else, we don't accept this sort of crap.

BlueSinclair said:
Comparing it to Cantona is a bit extreme, but I'm surprised with the amount of people just laughing at it and cheering for De Jong. What he did should never ever happen on the pitch, how is it even possible? Absolute disgrace and I'm embarrassed to have such a player on City. What a cheating little thug.

You guys should take off your skyblue glasses and face the reality, this is one of the reasons we are better than everyone else, we don't accept this sort of crap.

A bit harsh as I don't think there was any intent from De Jong. Yes he is reckless at times which does need to be curbed and should have been a red card due to the contact... but I don't feel embarrassed to have him in the team.

Re Talksport, I have it on sometimes at work - but I don't ring or text or email, so I'm not part of the problem am I? Just referring to the poster who said if we don't listen, they'll go off the air. Well I listen, but I don't see how they would know that.

BlueSinclair said:

According to who? You?

Every team has players like De Jong. Stop hand-wringing. He'll live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.