Talksport

We really don’t help ourselves with the family stand in the full glare of tv camera’s, someone at City needs to rethink this stand

But the problem is the ticket site and how we sell the tickets. Go on the City website and to the tickets page. Ignore our next 2 home league matches as they are Arsenal and Chelsea so should be sell outs and go to the West Ham match. See how many pairs of seats you can find in the family stand for that game. It won't be many but I guarantee there'll be loads empty again for the game when it happens.

The crowd was 50,000+ tonight, two weeks after New Year, in which time we’ve had 4 straight home games.

No they don’t have a point.
was it fuck mate.
come on.
it says 52 on my app but i promise it was more like 45.
my block is mostly season cards and apart from the 3 i couldnt GIVE away at the back of 315 there was at least a hundred seats empty and thats in one block.
you could buy seats in any block bar one yesterday when i looked.
for a big game like this tonight , watching the champions playing fantastic football it should be full.
complacency?
boredom?
lazy?
i dont know but there is certainly a problem
but to say there was 50k+ there tonight is laughable...we simply dont have the loyal fanbase we once had
people like you are just wearing your blue tinted glasses thinking we are the best supporters in the world when we are clearly not anymore

Yep, it’s why I deleted it tonight.

It’s just click bait shite.

Cundy said Liverpool fans want it more, well obviously they’ve not won it in a whole generation and there were more at City tonight than Anfield holds.
He was a disgrace. We are apparently too arrogant to turn up. Couldn’t believe what I was listening to. First City caller bloody agreed with him.

There are a variety of reasons people can't/won't go during weekdays - travel, kids, money, too many games, time of year, school/work night etc - I'm not sure where the concenpt of understanding why people can't make a game is a talking pint for national radio

If they wanted to explore the reasons I have given, I could(maybe understand it) but they don't as per posts on this thread. It is just another way to have a dig at fans. The people on the radio, TV and newspapers who talk about this stuff do not pay for anything in terms of time and effort. Turn the tables and lets see how they like it

was it fuck mate.
come on.
it says 52 on my app but i promise it was more like 45.
my block is mostly season cards and apart from the 3 i couldnt GIVE away at the back of 315 there was at least a hundred seats empty and thats in one block.
you could buy seats in any block bar one yesterday when i looked.
for a big game like this tonight , watching the champions playing fantastic football it should be full.
complacency?
boredom?
lazy?
i dont know but there is certainly a problem
but to say there was 50k+ there tonight is laughable...we simply dont have the loyal fanbase we once had
people like you are just wearing your blue tinted glasses thinking we are the best supporters in the world when we are clearly not anymore

Utter nonsense, so you went but couldn’t give your tickets away? How does that work? Why were you trying to give them away if you could go?

There were scattered empty seats but there was at Rotherham in the cup and there certainly wasn’t more than 2000 more vacant tonight than last Sunday.

Where have I said we’re the best supporters in the world for fucking crying out loud?

I’m just not jumping on a bandwagon that says we’re shit for tonight’s attendance.

4th home game in the last 11/12 days.

170,000 have attended in that time.

Our loyal support has gone nowhere, Maine Road held 35,000 when we left, Etihad 47,000 in 2015 and so tonight’s attendance fills both easily. Just because our ground is bigger than Anfield and Stamford Bridge and our last stadium, doesn’t make us suddenly shit supporters.

The atmosphere was the major problem tonight.

Last edited:
He was a disgrace. We are apparently too arrogant to turn up. Couldn’t believe what I was listening to. First City caller bloody agreed with him.
Yep, Ashley the City fan, apparently we’re all arrogant.
Here’s a thought Ashley, if you’re gonna speak on behalf of all City fans, don’t talk utter shit.
I’m a season ticket holder, but cup games, champions league I have to pick and choose my games, it’s got fuck all to do with arrogance, it boils down to one thing and one thing only.
Money!!

Utter nonsense, so you went but couldn’t give your tickets away? How does that work? Why were you trying to give them away if you could go?

There were scattered empty seats but there was at Rotherham in the cup and there certainly wasn’t more than 2000 more vacant tonight than last Sunday.

Where have I said we’re the best supporters in the world for fucking crying out loud?

I’m just not jumping on a bandwagon that says we’re shit for tonight’s attendance.

4th home game in the last 11/12 days.

170,000 have attended in that time.

Our loyal support has gone nowhere, Maine Road held 35,000 when we left, Etihad 47,000 in 2015 and so tonight’s attendance fills both easily. Just because our ground is bigger than Anfield and Stanford Bridge and our last stadium, doesn’t make us suddenly shit supporters.

The atmosphere was the major problem tonight.
because i have 4 tickets and 3 people couldnt go .
you can just keep your blinkers on if you think there is not a problem but check the other forums and other posts and you will a lot of people are saying the same thing.
im going to bed now as i have to be up at half 3 for work.
na nite

The big issue is the family stand it does not work for midweek games especially in term time. Club need to re think it. Maybe offer one tier for kids not 2. Every late game has empty seats there.

To be honest I thought it looked busy tonight a part from family stand and I’m in 3rd tier so get a good view. I’m sure the press will cover the empty seats tom for me to look at.

We are a victim of our own success most teams just defend against us and if we are honest most games are boring as hell. Yes amazing footy from city most of the time but generally we have no real competition.

Only game this year to push us was Liverpool and that was an amazing atmosphere.

Wolves did jack tonight and it’s nothing to do with 10 men. They actually looked better for it. The game was very dull which in turn creates a dull atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.