Talksport

Brazil is idiot. But there are far worse on that station.

Drink driving is not excusable but I give him credit for his admission and remorse.

Also interesting that he has the awareness of how the money that talksport pays him is probably not worth it.

Makes me despise him slightly less.
Well he said that over 10 years ago, that article is dated 2008, yet he's still taking the dollar from Talksport, so deserves to be despised really.

Reactions: mat
I am assuming Mr Brazil has been done for drink driving then. I heard about 15 minutes this morning which seemed to be someone saying the rugby premiership is new to professionalism (1995 their quoted) and should be expanded to 13 as one the 13 fully professional teams has to play the amateurs for promotion which isn't fair on them.
the discussion about head injury assessment subs in football to mirror rugby was sensible but pretty short before their sunk to the level this thread illustrates as the norm.

There was an excellent discussion on Drivetime today, with Danny Kelly, Darren Gough and John Barnes taking about racism in football, following on from the abuse given to the England players last night by Montenegro fans.

Barnes brought up some very good, thought provoking points on the subject in general, and was eloquent and impressive. His main point suggested that sanctioning offending football associations is unfair, and we need much more education when racism happens. He also pointed out that we in this country have no right to point the finger at Montenegro, when we have our very own racists blighting the game, referencing the Stirling incident at Chelsea.

There was an excellent discussion on Drivetime today, with Danny Kelly, Darren Gough and John Barnes taking about racism in football, following on from the abuse given to the England players last night by Montenegro fans.

Barnes brought up some very good, thought provoking points on the subject in general, and was eloquent and impressive. His main point suggested that sanctioning offending football associations is unfair, and we need much more education when racism happens. He also pointed out that we in this country have no right to point the finger at Montenegro, when we have our very own racists blighting the game, referencing the Stirling incident at Chelsea.
We have every right to point the finger at those fans who indulge in racist chanting, whether they come from Montenegro or Chelsea, so Barnes is quite wrong. Had he said we, the English, have no right to claim moral superiority over Montenegrans, he would have had a point.

We’re seeing or hearing an awfull lot of John barnes all of a sudden , another ex Liverpool player joining the media gravey train.

We have every right to point the finger at those fans who indulge in racist chanting, whether they come from Montenegro or Chelsea, so Barnes is quite wrong. Had he said we, the English, have no right to claim moral superiority over Montenegrans, he would have had a point.

I may be doing him a disservice. He wasn't diminishing the abuse last night, but he was drawing attention to our own problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.