Talksport

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by manimanc, 3 Nov 2014.

1. Franny's toilet roll

Franny's toilet roll

Always thought Durham was a Cnut, - i suppose Cnuts have their uses at times

2. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

At this moment in time he can say what he likes but as soon as City get cleared then legal ears will be focused on him for sure.

3. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Jordan, more than anyone, has repeated false and damaging allegations against City on repeated occasions. He has made many defamatory comments so it would be an easy case for us. We would have to sue Talksport as the broadcaster/online publisher as well because they have deeper pockets than Jordan. A lot of Jordan's comments have also had racial undertones wth repeated references to our owner's heritage. We could probably finish his radio career without too much difficulty if we chose to do so.

4. paulchapo

paulchapo

He is an odious human being.

bobbyowenquiff likes this.
  5. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    I'm really hopeful about Ferrans comments with regard to using the FFP legal battle to also put to rest some of the underlying stuff about city. Hopefully we'll embroil some of these 'journalists' in legal battles that cost more than their houses are worth.

laserblue and BosnianBlue like this.
  6. asahartford1

asahartford1

Someone made that mistake today, didn't come across too well as they were only given a few sentences before Jordan had a 10 minute irrelevant rant.

7. waspish

waspish

There was a question to Pep from some c@nt asking in essence will it stick around the world that city are a bad club regarding the ban! Well C@nt face if your mates in the media stopped reporting fcuking lies continually about our club maybe just maybe we would have this question in the first place! Bottom line City have cocked it up not having a pr that watches and listen out for utter bile like Jordan has spouted for years and the majority of the media have spouted or wrote! We come out that it’s political and it’s is but surely we can do something about all the media kicking us continually? Cant we threaten them that it is damaging our brand? Maybe if we were on the stock market a plc we could make more of point that is damaging our brand?! I don’t know just think the club could do a hell of a lot MORE!!!

ballinio likes this.
  8. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

We can do a hell of a lot more and should have been more proactive in the past but, to be fair, we are constrained at present by the impending case. We can't risk any action which may jeopardise our appeal. We don't need any distractions for the next few months. We have to keep our powder dry. I recall a case many years ago when a businessman in my area was arrested by the fraud squad and prosecuted. The local paper made hay at the time of his arrest but after he was cleared he took the paper to the cleaners for huge damages and costs. He also got a huge pay-out from the police. More recently we have seen the expensive fall-out from the phone hacking probe into the media. If City are cleared we will hold all the cards.

9. waspish

waspish

Thing is when/if we get cleared on past history city will do naff all! I would hope City have a list of all the whole lot of them who wrote shite.

BlueMoonz1977 likes this.
  10. city saint

city saint

and then send out a mafia hit team )))