Talksport

I can't work out if Bent, Cole and O'Hara are in on the Cockney rag borderline bullying of them being thick footballers?

Not sure about that; Sport On 2 on a Saturday afternoon, and that was the size of it back in 81 wasn’t it?
Piccadilly or GMR otherwise IIRC.

On a much more important note, hope you’re not feeling too bad, and improve soon.
You had constant sports coverage on Grandstand for most of Saturday and similar on Radio. There was also Sportsnight with Coleman. Mind you they still ignored City most of the time! I just think when you compare the BBC's coverage of politics for example with the amount of time it devotes to the nation's (and perhaps the world's) biggest cultural pursuit it looks very poor.
Thanks for the kind words about my health. I am on day five now, essentially feeling lousy and veering between sleeping and sweating. Bluemoon is a great help.

I don’t listen generally on a Saturday afternoon, but on a Sunday there there is plenty of time devoted to football chat and live comms 12.30 - 630, and the Monday night club with Chapman which is normally 2 hours in length if there is no match on, is a decent listen (excepting the times when Red Rory dominates). However the Friday night footy preview show seems more tailored to a young audience. Overall I think they still devote a lot of on air time to football.
I agree about Mark Chapman. He is a beacon of excellence. I believe he is a Red but can honestly say he is fair in his coverage of City. However the website coverage by people like Dan Roan and Simon Stone is very biased and often inaccurate. Phil McNulty is another proper old-school football journalist.

I agree about Mark Chapman. He is a beacon of excellence. I believe he is a Red but can honestly say he is fair in his coverage of City. However the website coverage by people like Dan Roan and Simon Stone is very biased and often inaccurate. Phil McNulty is another proper old-school football journalist.
Agreed 100% on that.

I am laid low with Covid at present and very reliant on the Radio. I turned Talksport on last night for the first time in two years. Despite being a football fanatic I find it impossible to listen to. The ouput is just dire and totally moronic. We must have the worst sports radio coverage in the the world in this country. Radio 5 Live provides less football coverage than we used to have 40 years ago.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

You had constant sports coverage on Grandstand for most of Saturday and similar on Radio. There was also Sportsnight with Coleman. Mind you they still ignored City most of the time! I just think when you compare the BBC's coverage of politics for example with the amount of time it devotes to the nation's (and perhaps the world's) biggest cultural pursuit it looks very poor.
Thanks for the kind words about my health. I am on day five now, essentially feeling lousy and veering between sleeping and sweating. Bluemoon is a great help.

Why am I thinking of Archie Andrews?

And there was me thinking I’m old!
My user name gives the game away. :-)

Last edited:
Get well soon.

5Live's programme, whose name escapes me, which is on just before the football coverage on Sundays, is fucking dire. No doubt it is designed to compete with talkshite’s Warmup, which is also fucking shocking.

I know it’s TV, but A Question of Sport is also terrible now. I loved it, during the era when messers Beaumont and Botham were captains, but nowadays, it’s too "laddish", no doubt as a response to Sty's equally awful A League of Their Own.

Why can’t the BBC just concerned on its own content, and not worry about its rivals?

Absence of ego makes a big difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.