Talksport

If you are on Twitter you've probably seen a guy called HLTCO on there who's actually a Palace fan but does a general football podcast as well as a Palace one. It's actually quite a good listen normally and he's done one today about Talksport that pretty much sums it up as a station.
Think it's free to listen to so if you have 15 minutes spare it's worth giving a go - https://www.patreon.com/posts/55315809

If you are on Twitter you've probably seen a guy called HLTCO on there who's actually a Palace fan but does a general football podcast as well as a Palace one. It's actually quite a good listen normally and he's done one today about Talksport that pretty much sums it up as a station.
Think it's free to listen to so if you have 15 minutes spare it's worth giving a go - https://www.patreon.com/posts/55315809

Good listen that and yep he spot on.

Think there is an opening for a new fans radio station with fans like him hosting plus other fans around the country contributing! A radio station with sensible talk not reactionary click bait bile! Yep five live is ok but they don’t talk football 24/7..

Is there a need for a 24/7 football based radio station ? I would say no.
That's why talksport is so shit, not enough goes on for football to talked about football 24/7 so talksport just makes things up and talks crap. They pander to the two red teams and just try to annoy any other fans.

Thankfully I don't listen to them or any other sports station now for years. Same goes with the press/media I havent read a paper for decades.

5Live's programme, whose name escapes me, which is on just before the football coverage on Sundays, is fucking dire. No doubt it is designed to compete with talkshite’s Warmup, which is also fucking shocking.

I know it’s TV, but A Question of Sport is also terrible now. I loved it, during the era when messers Beaumont and Botham were captains, but nowadays, it’s too "laddish", no doubt as a response to Sty's equally awful A League of Their Own.

Why can’t the BBC just concerned on its own content, and not worry about its rivals?
A few years ago, the Beeb started worrying about charter renewal. They concluded that their territory might suffer if commercial stations had better ratings and thus they went after those ratings. Hence the dumbing down of just about everything.
In my view, they went in exactly the wrong direction and should have strived for quality. Otherwise, what is the justification for the licence fee?
#livingonborrowedtime

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.