Talksport

Goldstein took over from Tim Lovejoy on Soccer AM and they have Ray Winstone on as a guest, as most people know Winstone is a die-hard West Ham fan.

The interview started and after a couple of minutes, Winstone started to rip into Goldstein for being a cockney rag and questioning why he didn't support a London team. At first everyone thought it was a bit of banter but Winstone was being deadly serious and buried Goldstein. Goldstein literary didn't know what to say and was stuttering his words but Winstone wouldn't let it go. Even Helen Chamberlain was squirming in her seat.

Eventually Goldstein said they had to go for a break and after the break Winstone has gone and Goldstein still looked visibly shaken. Dont know if Winstone had said something to him off-air but after the season Goldstein was axed from Soccer AM and didn't show up on Sky again until a couple of years later when he started doing Pool and Snooker programmes
To be honest, this would sound about right, an old mate of mine grew up around Upton Park/Boleyn, but decided to become a rag, he left and went to Stockport (I know, must be the only one) and always said, when he goes back to visit his family (Hammers fans btw) he has to go out with them to their local pubs otherwise it would be pretty unsafe for him, and even going out with the family, he still gets grief, just doesn't end up in violence, seems they have a very real dislike of cockney rags, especially those that should have been loyal West Ham fans, (fair enough in my book).

Been listening to Natalie & Tony the last hour as there’s nothing else on and I can’t sleep.
I’m sure it’s not an original thought, and I’d be interested if the figure has been published anywhere, but I would say out of this 6-7am slot about 30 mins is actual content/conversation and the other 30 is ads, news, ads, travel news, ads, promos, ads.

Another reason why it’s virtually unlistenable.

Been listening to Natalie & Tony the last hour as there’s nothing else on and I can’t sleep.
I’m sure it’s not an original thought, and I’d be interested if the figure has been published anywhere, but I would say out of this 6-7am slot about 30 mins is actual content/conversation and the other 30 is ads, news, ads, travel news, ads, promos, ads.

Another reason why it’s virtually unlistenable.
I think its a real shame Talksport cant seem to make a sensible programe, you know fairly normal, reasonably intelligent people having a chat about football, instead of which we have all this "who is the bigger club" "who gets the most fans" "Has pep failed at man city" bollox,
I sometimes put it on because there is no alternative & last night it was "who is the best manager, Klopp, Tuchel or Pep", one presenter went for Tuchel & one went for Klopp, both talking shite & obviously desperatly trying to get city fans to ring up,
Needless to say I switched it off but its a real shame as I am sure someone could make a good quality sports radio station work.

I think its a real shame Talksport cant seem to make a sensible programe, you know fairly normal, reasonably intelligent people having a chat about football, instead of which we have all this "who is the bigger club" "who gets the most fans" "Has pep failed at man city" bollox,
I sometimes put it on because there is no alternative & last night it was "who is the best manager, Klopp, Tuchel or Pep", one presenter went for Tuchel & one went for Klopp, both talking shite & obviously desperatly trying to get city fans to ring up,
Needless to say I switched it off but its a real shame as I am sure someone could make a good quality sports radio station work.
Yeah, wouldn’t disagree. I listen very rarely these days, and not for long when I do, but like you that only happens when I want something football-related and there’s nothing else on. (I do subscribe to some podcasts too,but it’s not quite the same as live radio).
But yes, an alternative would be great. Have you tried Talksport 2 ?

I have always thought your club should pick you & to be fair I didnt have much choice as my family were all from manchester & all supported city going back to the start of hyde road days so I probably would have been put up for adoption if I hadnt been a blue!
Same here mate from my grandad through to my grandkids we are all blues..
Hence my user name.

I think its a real shame Talksport cant seem to make a sensible programe..
Trans Europe Express is actually very good, particularly since Tim Vickery has been introduced with his reports about South American football. Goldstein almost destroyed it when he presented it for a while with his infantile idiotism and absolute lack of football knowledge. And now he's been turning 4pm slot into The Rags Radio.

Yeah, wouldn’t disagree. I listen very rarely these days, and not for long when I do, but like you that only happens when I want something football-related and there’s nothing else on. (I do subscribe to some podcasts too,but it’s not quite the same as live radio).
But yes, an alternative would be great. Have you tried Talksport 2 ?
To be honest I have not ventured onto talksport 2 but I would guess its more of the same?

To be honest I have not ventured onto talksport 2 but I would guess its more of the same?
It is better.
I have to be honest Ive not listened to it for a while, so would appreciate someone else confirming or refuting these opinions, but ….from when I have listened….

It’s more toned down and more news focused. Some problems still remain though;
1) Because of this news focus there’s some repetition of content
2) It still has a low % of content per 60 mins of airtime.
3) there is some overlap of presenters and “talent” with the main station so some of the tired old cliches eg about City, will still appear at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.