Tap Water

Most Mancunians will be drinking water from Thirlmere, but there are some regions topped up via Boreholes and rivers as well in drought conditions. We are lucky with the water we get in the North, Southern water is hard and tastes odd in my experience but I've had a lifetime of drinking the stuff from The Lakes!

https://www.unitedutilities.com/help-and-support/your-water-supply/drinking-water-quality/ if you put postcode in on that page it should say where your water is sourced from.

My main drink these days is tap water.
Manchester & surrounds has some of the best water in the country.
Think it used to be piped directly from the Lakes (since the Victorian age) but is now from Wales?
I have a couple of chilli bottles which keeps the water cold for a very long time.
No mate. Nearly all of Manchester’s water is from the lakes. Liverpool’s water is from Wales

No mate. Nearly all of Manchester’s water is from the lakes. Liverpool’s water is from Wales
I read a while back they were going to start sourcing from Wales...but that was some time ago, and may be just certain areas by the sounds of it.

cheers.

I read a while back they were going to start sourcing from Wales...but that was some time ago, and may be just certain areas by the sounds of it.

cheers.
They’ve built a new pipeline that can transfer water from Prescot to Woodgate Hill near Bury and vice versa. So if necessary manchester can get the Welsh water and Liverpool can get the lakes water. Normally we get our water from Lake Thirlmere via a huge aqueduct pipeline

They’ve built a new pipeline that can transfer water from Prescot to Woodgate Hill near Bury and vice versa. So if necessary manchester can get the Welsh water and Liverpool can get the lakes water. Normally we get our water from Lake Thirlmere via a huge aqueduct pipeline
That’s sounds pretty much what I read at the time it subsequently diluted in my memory.
And none of our northern water has been artificially fluoridated.
That’s a good point too.

Have tried gallons of Norfolk & it’s not the greatest tasting water...gets better by the East Midlands.

That’s sounds pretty much what I read at the time it subsequently diluted in my memory.

That’s a good point too.

Have tried gallons of Norfolk & it’s not the greatest tasting water...gets better by the East Midlands.
Norfolk uses all it’s water in the wash

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.