Tasty childhood treats

Big Swifty

When I was little (a long time ago), my mum made me a couple of yummy things to eat that I sometimes think about.

One as what she called "pobs". When I'd had teeth out, and my blood-soaked little mouth couldn't eat solids, she made me a bowl of warm, sugary milk with lumps of a white loaf in it. Delicious. Worth having teeth out for.

Another was a ripe banana, crushed with a fork and sugared, with the top of the milk on it (in the days when the milk had a creamy top, long before the days of semi-skimmed).

No wonder all my teeth have fallen out. But ........simple pleasures.. nowt wrong with that.

When I was little (a long time ago), my mum made me a couple of yummy things to eat that I sometimes think about.

One as what she called "pobs". When I'd had teeth out, and my blood-soaked little mouth couldn't eat solids, she made me a bowl of warm, sugary milk with lumps of a white loaf in it. Delicious. Worth having teeth out for.

Another was a ripe banana, crushed with a fork and sugared, with the top of the milk on it (in the days when the milk had a creamy top, long before the days of semi-skimmed).

No wonder all my teeth have fallen out. But ........simple pleasures.. nowt wrong with that.
I remember having banana and milk sprinkled with sugar but it was sliced banana. Lovely. Also Farley rusks with milk and sugar

I admit that when you reach a certain age, all you have left is distant memories. Not many more years to go now.

Daz drops ...I used to gamble all my bus fare money on odds and evens in the playground just to maintain my fix. They were narcotic in their generic make up and after eating a full pound bag I would just stand motionless like a spice head and not move.

HxrajkX.jpg

Ditto on the pobs! Especially after the dentist. And occasionally a spoonful of condensed milk out of a tin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.