Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t think he is good enough for us. I wish he was but I just don’t see him being a centre back for us in the future. I would love to be proved wrong though.
Would love to see him be a regualsr but the harsh reality is for a club like us we will always want the top CBS in the world and ready to go

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t think he is good enough for us. I wish he was but I just don’t see him being a centre back for us in the future. I would love to be proved wrong though.
Why do you think so ?
I watched him 3/4 times, including vs Norwich, he looked pretty good for a 19 yr old CB playing first season of professional football in a challenging league. He won headers and tackles, intercepted well, best passer among the defenders. He needs to improve reading of the game and his physicality, but that comes with age and experience.

I just don’t think he will be in the same calibre as the Laporte,stones,Dias or even Ake. He’s a decent player but from what I’ve seen lacks presence as a cb not overly physical and seems to lack a bit of composure. Now I fully understand he is young and a lot of that may come as he grows and plays more games.

I hope he does make it here but to me he won’t dislodge any of our cbs and they are still relatively young and will hopefully have years left at city. I also don’t think Doyle will be good enough to make it at City either.
I would love to be proven wrong though.

I hope people don’t think I’m being negative about the young lads at the club as it’s just my opinion. I do feel that out of the current crop Palmer and Delap have the best chance of making it at City.

Out of interest,has anyone watched him enough while at Blackburn to judge his progress? or is much of the analysis based on his EDS games?

I just don’t think he will be in the same calibre as the Laporte,stones,Dias or even Ake. He’s a decent player but from what I’ve seen lacks presence as a cb not overly physical and seems to lack a bit of composure. Now I fully understand he is young and a lot of that may come as he grows and plays more games.

I'm not suggesting that he will be as good as any of our centre backs as it's far too early to tell, but these are a few of his recent player ratings from Lancs Live -

vs Brentford -

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - 7

Left exposed several times but his positioning to reduce the threat was excellent. Steady and collected, done the basics excellently.

vs Rotherham

He's destined for great things and today was another great example why. Domineering in one-on-one match-ups, dealing with aerial balls and putting his body on the line when required.

vs Norwich

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - 8

Some vital interceptions to constrict passing lanes. An imposing figure defensively who dealt with Pukki's presence excellently.

vs Swansea

Established a good relationship with Lenihan, with the teenager taking charge of most situations outside the 18-yard box by fronting up to the presence of Ayew and Jamal Lowe.

vs Wycombe

Assertive, composed and everything you would want from your central defender when dealing with a physical threat. Made some crucial blocks and interceptions.

vs Sheffield Wednesday

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - 6

What you come to expect from the teenager, who was steady once more alongside Lenihan. Dealt with the direct style Wednesday looked to impose.

vs Cardiff

Some excellent snippets of defensive action blended in with the occasional lapse in judgement but he stood up to the physical threat of Moore. Read some scenarios excellently but caught out of position on one too many an occasion.

The Championship is full of big physical strikers and he's pretty much got the better of them every time. I think it's been an incredibly promising loan move so far.

I'm not suggesting that he will be as good as any of our centre backs as it's far too early to tell, but these are a few of his recent player ratings from Lancs Live -

vs Brentford -

Left exposed several times but his positioning to reduce the threat was excellent. Steady and collected, done the basics excellently.

vs Rotherham

He's destined for great things and today was another great example why. Domineering in one-on-one match-ups, dealing with aerial balls and putting his body on the line when required.

vs Norwich

Taylor Harwood-Bellis - 8

Some vital interceptions to constrict passing lanes. An imposing figure defensively who dealt with Pukki's presence excellently.

vs Swansea

Established a good relationship with Lenihan, with the teenager taking charge of most situations outside the 18-yard box by fronting up to the presence of Ayew and Jamal Lowe.

vs Wycombe

Assertive, composed and everything you would want from your central defender when dealing with a physical threat. Made some crucial blocks and interceptions.

vs Sheffield Wednesday

What you come to expect from the teenager, who was steady once more alongside Lenihan. Dealt with the direct style Wednesday looked to impose.

vs Cardiff

Some excellent snippets of defensive action blended in with the occasional lapse in judgement but he stood up to the physical threat of Moore. Read some scenarios excellently but caught out of position on one too many an occasion.

The Championship is full of big physical strikers and he's pretty much got the better of them every time. I think it's been an incredibly promising loan move so far.
Indeed,very positive.

Out of interest,has anyone watched him enough while at Blackburn to judge his progress? or is much of the analysis based on his EDS games?
One of my best mates watches every single rovers game live and says hes been fantastic. Also says hes very sensible and down to earth of the pitch and after a rocky start and in a side that has struggled massively since he's been there, has done very well.

I’ve watched about 6 of their games and he’s been excellent every time. Blackburn have been in awful form though, their midfield is non-existent and both of their left backs are terrible (he plays as the left CB) so he’s gets no protection in front of him or support on the left.

I hope he does make it here but to me he won’t dislodge any of our cbs and they are still relatively young and will hopefully have years left at city. I also don’t think Doyle will be good enough to make it at City either.
I would love to be proven wrong though.

I hope people don’t think I’m being negative about the young lads at the club as it’s just my opinion. I do feel that out of the current crop Palmer and Delap have the best chance of making it at City.

Look at Foden at 17 compared to now. Foden is notably broader and bigger, just through natural growth. Taylor only turned 19 in January. He'll be clearly very physical by his early 20s. He's already a pretty big lad for his age. He may not make it, or he might, but either way it won't be for a lack of physicality. This photo was Jan 2020, so he's likely bigger already, and he wasn't exactly small stood next to Stones even then:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.