Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

I'm going to go against the flow and actually say it is a battle of sorts. Doyle and Bernabe are probably in a similar one.

Next season we aren't going to go with Stones, Laporte and the 2 kids. Realistically we will buy another CB if Nico goes and 1 of the kids will be 4th choice. The other is either going to be still in the reserved or out on loan.

Similarly we probably have squad space/game time for 1 kid at the #8 position, playing a role similar to Foden's the past 2 years. One of Doyle and Bernabe will take that spot, the other might have to go on loan.

Realistically we can have 1 or 2 kids at different positions coming through at a time in the squad while still having a deep enough first team to compete for 4 titles and playing everyone including the kids enough to be worthwhile and stay happy. If we have more talented kids than spaces, they are competing with each other for those spots.

They are young enough for it not to be a problem though.

All they can expect is occasional appearences at this stage.

They are young enough for it not to be a problem though.

All they can expect is occasional appearences at this stage.

This season it's not a problem. Next season we might have to choose which one is 4th choice and which goes on loan, or which is 4th choice and plays 20 games a season and which is the kid who play a few EFL cup games.

This season it's not a problem. Next season we might have to choose which one is 4th choice and which goes on loan, or which is 4th choice and plays 20 games a season and which is the kid who play a few EFL cup games.
Technically they all look capable from the few appearances. It may come down to physical readiness in which case it looks like THB and Doyle. But what a nice dilemma to have !!

Intelligent words.

The problem right now is that while the pair are rated highly, they play for our EDS... who somehow has these ridiculous lack of concentration and leak 3 goals in like 20 minutes. This makes them look bad.

I think the manager of the EDS doesn't have the team defend properly as a unit or teach them how to secure a lead, when up 3-1, it is just plain embarrassing to lose 4-3 with the level of talent we have, age is not an excuse.

I love the prospect of Taylor and Garcia forming a formidable center back pairing in the future. That would be a fairy tale, I know, and many things must go right in order for that to happen, but I think they seem to compliment each other just perfectly.

The future is bright.
At least when you're a blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.