Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

Any one know if he is right or left foot footed, two good feet? Comfortable Left C H or right?

He's right-footed, but just a very comfortable player in general. Was quite notable that he played on the right, and then when Stones came on, he was the one to go to the left in Laporte's position. He was equally comfortable there too.

He's right-footed, but just a very comfortable player in general. Was quite notable that he played on the right, and then when Stones came on, he was the one to go to the left in Laporte's position. He was equally comfortable there too.

Good point & one I was going to make after I watched the game but was too tired after 14 hours travelling & had a drink or two, so totally forgot.

Been a big discussion on here about signing this guy with a left foot at cb & this guy with a right foot (the fucking lot of them should learn to play both sides at cb or have half the wages imo) & THB did it without breaking stride.

To be just 17 and be this good is scary.
For me Doyle and this lad look certainties to make the grade.
And along with Foden that will shut the fuckers up about our academy.
Especially since they are all local lads as well and have all been here a long time.
The future is definitely blue.
I might get laughed at but I think we're on the cusp of something very special with the academy lads that are coming through. From the CB's, fullbacks, midfielders and attacking players all. I can see Muric coming back after his loan as well although the GK position is always tricky to manage play time for.

First time watching him and looks a talent. Should start again on Saturday.

Think it’s a very good sign he played the full match and was even moved to the left when Laporte came off.

I have been eagerly waiting for people's thoughts about his performance yesterday and so I decided to take the initiative.

I was particularly grateful not only that he was given the nod seeing that he is highly rated here but also that he was one of the few that lasted the whole 90 minutes.

Of course I didn't expect him to pull up any trees and I am content that at least Pep sees him as a serious option. It will only get better from here hopefully.

Looks fantastic for a 17 year old and will probably grow a couple of inches before he is done. I cannot see Pep going into the season with him (or Garcia) and 4th choice CB though.

If Rhodri hits the ground running and allows Fern to be available for CB cover I think we would do ok with Stones, Ota and Laporte as the first choice three. If De Light had been less avaricious I would have been happy for the club to shell out on him but not too bothered about the likes of Maguire or Ake.

It is great that we are getting youngsters from Blue families who have a realistic chance of playing in the first team. It would be good if the club introduced a policy where one sub spot in all games was reserved for an emerging talent and that he would be given game time where possible - e.g. last ten minutes in gamnes where we are comfortable.

Going to be a Star Footballer for sure, he comes from my home 'town' Offerton how can he not succeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.