Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

It is a real shame that we couldn't keep Vincent Kompany on our books for one more season. In 12 months time both Harwood-Bellis and Garcia look likely to be real first team contenders. As it is we will probably have to spend daft money to recruit another centre back for this season.

Last edited:
It is a real shame that we couldn't keep Vincent Kompany on our books for one more season. In 12 months time both Harwood-Bellis and Garcia look likely to be real first team contenders. As it is we will probably have to spend daft money to recruit another centre back for this season.
I disagree.

If Otamendi sticks around,THB can be integrated slowly with the extra reassurance of Fernandinho's ability to play centre half when needed.

This kid isn't far off at all,physically and mentally he looks the part already,its just experience and learning to handle the extra pressure that's required.

With some players you can tell they have that star quality. I honestly think In Bellis we have one of the best young players in England. Might sound like an overreaction, but I think we could see him getting first team minutes next season

I think THB's development could depend quite a lot on the Carabao cup.

At the moment he looks *just* not quite ready. If we get some easy Carabao cup draws in September/October, earn ourselves a dead rubber CL group game and maybe a nice 3rd round FA cup draw, then he could be starting some league games before the end of the season.

Stones is going to get injured, he always does. IMO Pep won't play Fern at CB that often, and I think if the kid has half a dozen assured performances by the time February/March comes around and the title race isn't quite as insanely pressured as it was last season, he could start a few games.

The main thing this season is getting him enough games so that next summer, the coaching staff can judge whether he's up to being 3rd/4th choice CB when Otamendi and probably Fernandinho go.

At the moment he looks *just* not quite ready. If we get some easy Carabao cup draws in September/October, earn ourselves a dead rubber CL group game and maybe a nice 3rd round FA cup draw, then he could be starting some league games before the end of the season.

Stones is going to get injured, he always does. IMO Pep won't play Fern at CB that often, and I think if the kid has half a dozen assured performances by the time February/March comes around and the title race isn't quite as insanely pressured as it was last season, he could start a few games.

The main thing this season is getting him enough games so that next summer, the coaching staff can judge whether he's up to being 3rd/4th choice CB when Otamendi and probably Fernandinho go.

I think that's fair. I honestly think he probably only needs 5/6 games like that to be comfortable within the squad. I suspect he'll be training with the first team regularly now too which will hugely help his development. Training against Aguero every week as opposed to Nabil Touaizi will be a huge, huge challenge for him.

So by the sounds of this you think he's moved ahead of Eric Garcia in the pecking order? I agree with all of the above, but with the other player.

So by the sounds of this you think he's moved ahead of Eric Garcia in the pecking order? I agree with all of the above, but with the other player.

I think he's ahead because he's physically a lot further down the line. Player who come through at 17/18 almost always do so because they're not just great players, but can deal with the physicality of senior football earlier than most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.