Team for Thursday

Dereck Jeffries 3 wd

We have already Qualified for the next round, we need to rest our “ star players” and we know what we would get from the likes of Vassell, + Hamann. Probably get beat with a mixed team (squad + regulars who really need that rest) . So why not give the youngsters a try? I bet they would give a 100% and might even win but imagine the good it will do them in terms of experience! The team I have chosen has players playing in their right positions e.g. Left footers on the left; Schmeichel, Logan Onuoha, Mc Donald, Mee Weiss Fernandes, Clayton, Marshall, Evans + Ball

There is absolutely no way the gaffer will play that squad. Nor anyone else, really. What we need to do is simply field the strongest possible line-up and try to beat the Spaniards. It will only boost our much needed confidence and create a continuity/consistency which is sorely missing from City's performance.

There will be enough time for the young 'uns, no doubt about it.

If they struggle so much away to Stockport in a stronger team, it would be a mistake away to Real.

theres no way mh would play that team forget what the press are saying and g cook i think in hes own eyes he has to win and also on sunday otherwise i fear the worst for him. idealy you wouid like to look at some of the kids and rest some key players but his situation wont alow that.i wouldnt care for tomorrow night but would be worried about sunday

STRONGEST TEAM POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!..............the very least we need now is to finish top of our group.....................

Will berti pop up anywhere? cant see us playing our "strongest side". Dunne is already missing, Robbie will not be risked, benjani missing, watch out for an unadventurous line up and us looking for another 0-0

I really hope we rest most regulars to be honest. Bit of a crisis at the moment in the league. Question is - with all the injuries, can we rest many of the regulars?? How big is the UEFA squad anyway?

it wont be a full strength team, probably rest robinho, swp, richards and give starts to elano, jo, gelson and vassell amongst others

will prob see sturridge and ched

similar sort of lineup to the psg game

This is not a time for consolidating or protecting what we've already got - we haven't got anything!

I thiink we should go all out to win the game with our strongest possible line up.

All this planning for the future whilst the present is going down the pan has to stop.

eshiers1 said:
it wont be a full strength team, probably rest robinho, swp, richards and give starts to elano, jo, gelson and vassell amongst others
will prob see sturridge and ched
similar sort of lineup to the psg game
Sturridge is still injured. Possibly Gelson also. We do not need to field the strongest team. We need our best players to be fit for our next three Premiership games. In any event, if we field our strongest team, we will lose (remember Bolton) as Racing need the win to qualify. Whom we play in the next round is not really so important. Look at Aston Villa. They played their reserves against Hamburg. Yes, they lost but I expect their opponents will be no stronger than ours in the next round. Its not worth risking SWP, Robinho and Ireland in my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.