Team Selection Premier League/UEFA

B B

BLUEMATT23

Just wanted to canvass some opinion on team selection for the remaining games & whether anyone agrees with me.

I've read on some sites & in this forum that Leslie should consider resting/rotating players in the league games in order to save them for Hamburg, i.e. Vs Arsenal & potentially vs Fulham.

I'm not in agreement of this idea & I don't think Hughes will do this & also he hasn't done this thus far at any stage of the UEFA campaign.

The way I see it is that it is vital that we aim for 7th in the league & play the best starting xi in every game whether it be the UEFA or the League.
Surely people cannot assume we will win the UEFA (I hope we do though!) so therefore it is imperative that we go all out for 7th (to qualify) in the 8 league games that remain in my view.

Does anyone agree with me or am I talking crap.

i doubt he will do it, but there is a case. getting more than a point from the arsenal game is a long shot, no matter who we select. getting a win against fulham and a decent result against hamburg games is absolutely vital to our season.

MSSBLUETRILLIONS said:
Just wanted to canvass some opinion on team selection for the remaining games & whether anyone agrees with me.

I've read on some sites & in this forum that Leslie should consider resting/rotating players in the league games in order to save them for Hamburg, i.e. Vs Arsenal & potentially vs Fulham.

I'm not in agreement of this idea & I don't think Hughes will do this & also he hasn't done this thus far at any stage of the UEFA campaign.

The way I see it is that it is vital that we aim for 7th in the league & play the best starting xi in every game whether it be the UEFA or the League.
Surely people cannot assume we will win the UEFA (I hope we do though!) so therefore it is imperative that we go all out for 7th (to qualify) in the 8 league games that remain in my view.

Complety agree we need to qualify for Europe and seventh may be the way to do it.

I dont know,the most realistic chance of euro football for next season has to be from wining the uefa cup,breaking our 30 odd year duck in the process,just been reading on the uefa site the losers of the uefa cup will qualify in the event the winners qualify for champions lge football,so if we made the final we would still have a chance for next year even if we were to lose, me i say keep players for the cup,squad rotation at its best needed

bluefandk said:
MSSBLUETRILLIONS said:

Complety agree we need to qualify for Europe and seventh may be the way to do it.

I agree, I hope that along with finishing seventh we'll win the UEFA Cup as well!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
bluefandk said:
MSSBLUETRILLIONS said:

I agree, I hope that along with finishing seventh we'll win the UEFA Cup as well!

I could live with that :-)

I dont think hughes can just concentrate on the uefa in the event we get knocked out and then dont qualify thru the league his position is under threat. Also if you look at villa who did the same thing their form has nosedived anyway. The situation may change if we get to the semi's and seventh looks unlikely if the next few league games dont go well.

The players shouldnt be too tired anyway as the team has been changed quite a bit and only a couple of players have played a lot games. Also not being in the fa or league cup has probably helped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.