Teams not ready for the new season or something else ?

WRicko

The new season seems to have a lots of goals penalties some poor play United Spurs even Liverpool would not have conceded as many goals as the other weekend against Leeds.

Is this because teams are not ready for the new season or is it that they are playing a high line if so why ? or maybe its due to VAR far from ruling goals out due to offside is now creating goals though soft penalties. Is it a lack of quality defenders ? Is it teams putting more emphasis on attack ?

The new season seems to have a lots of goals penalties some poor play United Spurs even Liverpool would not have conceded as many goals as the other weekend against Leeds.

Is this because teams are not ready for the new season or is it that they are playing a high line if so why ? or maybe its due to VAR far from ruling goals out due to offside is now creating goals though soft penalties. Is it a lack of quality defenders ? Is it teams putting more emphasis on attack ?
Some seriously shit defending complemented by appalling officiating and stupid new rules designed to further destroy the game to create a better product for the television. I’m seriously falling out of love with footy.

These ***** always claim bullshit records as well. They start on twitter and then spread.

Thiago completed 75 passes from 83 (90% completion rate) in the 2nd half against 10 man Chelsea and now claimed that is a record for 45 minutes.

Our hero (hmmm) Ilkay Gundogan completed 167 passes from 174 ( 96% completion rate) against Chelsea in Mar 2018.
Not sure about the 1st or 2nd half split but one thing for sure is that he had 84 or more completed passes in one half.

Small things but it annoys the shit out of me.

These ***** always claim bullshit records as well. They start on twitter and then spread.

Thiago completed 75 passes from 83 (90% completion rate) in the 2nd half against 10 man Chelsea and now claimed that is a record for 45 minutes.

Our hero (hmmm) Ilkay Gundogan completed 167 passes from 174 ( 96% completion rate) against Chelsea in Mar 2018.
Not sure about the 1st or 2nd half split but one thing for sure is that he had 84 or more completed passes in one half.

Small things but it annoys the shit out of me.
The stat is for players that played no more than 45 minutes. So it's a bit cherry picked yes.

It’s had a pre season feel to it because it basically is a pre season for many. Teams are at different levels and if one is ahead of the other it’s going to show, it becomes a lot easier to create chances when tiredness sets in. I reckon we will have a month or so of this before players get to full sharpness and then soon after we will start to see mounting injuries followed by early burnout for the fittest players who avoid injuries which will see more results like these first two weekends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.