Techy wordpress help needed please

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
I've just uploaded wordpress via FTP for a client, I did the database and user stuff first,
went to the domain name hoping toaccess the wordpress.org log-in page but got this message

"Your server is running PHP version 5.0.4 but WordPress 3.5.1 requires at least 5.2.4."

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this, I spoke to the hosts early today and they weren't the most helpful. It's getting on my tits a bit this, any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Taking half an hour off to watch Dev on Corrie.

Swales lives said:
I've just uploaded wordpress via FTP for a client, I did the database and user stuff first,
went to the domain name hoping toaccess the wordpress.org log-in page but got this message

"Your server is running PHP version 5.0.4 but WordPress 3.5.1 requires at least 5.2.4."

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this, I spoke to the hosts early today and they weren't the most helpful. It's getting on my tits a bit this, any help would be appreciated, cheers.

It looks like a server related problem. So if you have access to the server, you could install it yourself i guess. Usually via the control panel from what i know. But mostly looks like it has to be updated from the hosts end. ( Unless its a private server rented from the host, in which case you culd do it yourself )

Swales lives said:

If you haven't got access to the server there's nowt you can do in that direction. The alternative is to use an older version of WordPress that is 5.0.4 compatible. Or you could persuade the client to switch to a host who isn't using Flintstones' PHP.

Swales lives said:

fuck me your server is running very old versions of php.

5.0.4 is release date 2005 and version 5.2.4 is 2007 you should switch your host in my opinion. If they have not moved from the 2004 version by now then I cannot imagine that they will be doing it any time soon.

I run a website on a server so do have a bit of knowledge.

Ragnarok said:
Swales lives said:

It looks like a server related problem. So if you have access to the server, you could install it yourself i guess. Usually via the control panel from what i know. But mostly looks like it has to be updated from the hosts end. ( Unless its a private server rented from the host, in which case you culd do it yourself )

Cheers, I'll speak to the hosting company again tomorrow, see what they can do - it's a bit techy for me, I'm a designer, I like pictures, colours, typefaces and pretty things. I'll put their old website back up for now.

Swales lives said:
Ragnarok said:
Swales lives said:

Cheers, I'll speak to the hosting company again tomorrow, see what they can do - it's a bit techy for me, I'm a designer, I like pictures, colours, typefaces and pretty things. I'll put their old website back up for now.

what's the site?

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Swales lives said:

fuck me your server is running very old versions of php.

5.0.4 is release date 2005 and version 5.2.4 is 2007 you should switch your host in my opinion. If they have not moved from the 2004 version by now then I cannot imagine that they will be doing it any time soon.

I run a website on a server so do have a bit of knowledge.

I thought that myself when I Googled it before I came on here. It's not my host, I designed a site for this small company about 5 years ago, they bought all the domain and hosting, I did them a favour a put it up for them. I talked them into updating to a wordpress site, thinking it should be a doddle, so they could updae it etc. now I'm wasting too much time with it.

Skashion said:
Swales lives said:

If you haven't got access to the server there's nowt you can do in that direction. The alternative is to use an older version of WordPress that is 5.0.4 compatible. Or you could persuade the client to switch to a host who isn't using Flintstones' PHP.

PMSL @ that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.