Telerik and other app development platforms

Manchester33

Does anyone use this? How good/user friendly is it? Any advice would be good!

Last edited:
gpmARWm3Pwypq.gif

My company's application supports hundreds of social service agencies and is built with Telerik controls. It got us to market more quickly. But the advantages that it had 4 years ago when we began have been substantially eroded now. We are finding that it is as much a hindrance as a help and we will go in another direction when we build our next generation product.

My company's application supports hundreds of social service agencies and is built with Telerik controls. It got us to market more quickly. But the advantages that it had 4 years ago when we began have been substantially eroded now. We are finding that it is as much a hindrance as a help and we will go in another direction when we build our next generation product.

with what

That's interesting. What would you consider using, moving forward? Would you recommend Telerik for someone learning or not?

with what

That's interesting. What would you consider using, moving forward? Would you recommend Telerik for someone learning or not?

Telerik is a "gold standard" in terms of a framework and is gaining momentum. Having skills in using it would be valuable to many employers and so I would recommend learning it.

My post yesterday is misleading - I was tired after a very long day solving problems with the development team. Using any control framework / platform has speed advantages in an enterprise environment, but it also adds some complexity. For example, pinpointing the source of performance issues once an application is under a heavy user load. We've had the Telerik and Microsoft engineers spinning around and around trying to help us resolve random and sometimes severe performance issues. We are still using Telerik - will for at least the next year, and have no plans for any other control set. We would just rewrite the application over time in native languages if we go that route.

The only one I know is PhoneGap and even this is to me limited. I use XCode myself which is relatively ok. I can make native apps and simple text based quiz games but that's about it really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.