Tenant problems - advice welcome

vincent

let a property out through an agency. Tenants owe £1500 rent and are not communicating with the agency who rent it out for me; they have just gone to ground and refuse to even open the door. 3 months left on the lease.

I asked the agency for a copy of the references they obtained before the lease and one is very dodgy.

So two things; is my only option to get these tenant out to go through the courts and go for legal eviction? And are the agents liable for any charges due to the unacceptable reference?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers.

They've rented your property to grow pot. Tell the police, you'll get it back quicker this way than through the Court system. You're welcome :-)

Is it commercial or residential? If the latter why was a lease used? Is it in England?

Is it commercial or residential? If the latter why was a lease used? Is it in England?

Residential mate. It was rented through a well known agency in South Manchester. One of the references which I have just received a copy of is a joke. It's from their employee; no website quoted, no email address, no company registration, no record of the company on the Internet and 0800 telephone number quoted - I called that number and there was no record of the company that was mentioned on the reference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.