Tennis Thread

Winners cheque for $2.5m plus all the endorsements to follow.

Kerching!
She is a marketing man's dream. Good looking, charming, intelligent, a bit good at tennis.
Naomi Osaka is the highest earning female athlete in the world. Only eight athletes, all men, earn more from endorsements than she does. (About $36m p.a.).
World brands will be falling at Emma's feet. Her earning potential is at least £30m per annum.
If she needs to marry a Brit to score naturalization points, I am available.

Last edited:
That’s my point - the top ranked players should be a breed apart but they aren’t hence the fact that there have been so many different slam winners over the last few years. It’s indicative of a lack of quality
Or you could say, a more even spread of talent than the men. Nevertheless, you are probably right. The women's rankings change with amazing rapidity.
The final was high quality, the first three games taking 25 mins or so as they each struggled to get on top. Maybe these two will dominate.

Have Liverpool claimed her yet?
Liverpool echo;

What an amazing achievement by Emma, who comes from the same planet as Liverpool FC, and has clearly moulded her game on Liverpool FC’s free flowing and spectacular tactics.
Emma paid heartfelt tribute to Liverpool FC for inspiring her by saying in her post match interview:

Love tennis
I’m over the moon
Very close game
Every point was amazing
Really good crowd
People will be inspired
Only feels like yesterday
One tournament at a time
Love tennis

The spirit of shankly shines through this young lady and touches and uplifts the nation, in ways that only Liverpool FC (and Emma!) can.

When you compare the wonderful, trustworthy, truthful , Liverpool FC inspired Emma, to her unsportsmanlike Losing Manchester City supporting canadian opponent, it is no contest, and children of all ages and creeds will remember where they were when they realised that it means more that Liverpool FC caused Emma to reach the heights that others dare to dream.

Truly uplifting, and seems such a grounded, bright, decent and sorted young person. I assume by monday our beloved UK media will begin their trawl for scandal and attempt to destroy her.

Piers Morganis laughable this morning trying to claim his comments were justified/helpful last year and as for Farage the cheeky ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.