Tennis Thread

lets hope she can keep her feet on the ground and not be a flash in the pan and never find it again

watch the final last night and one thing stood out for me. she was was playing so cool under a lot of pressure from the crowd who was against her ? she never once went into hiding and she stood tall and face them up to a point they started to respect her.

for such a young age both of them handle the pressure well. but emma got some guns and the power of the shots coming back over the net would have scared anybody even a man,

well played and am proud of her and being a brit over the water and winning a major in only her 2 big tournament says she is the real deal

It wasn’t last year. His comments were 2 months ago. It was totally unjustifiable to have a go at an 18 year old girl then and to now make out he did her a favour is utterly pathetic. He thinks by saying everyone calling him out on it is woke or virtue signalling he can justify his idiotic comments. Morgan is an odious turd who’s made himself look like a total fucking arsehole. No surprise when you look at his history of being obsequious to Trump and his repeated bullying of Meghan Markle ending with his hissy fit live on TV when called out on it.

And as for Farage, he makes Morgan look likeable.

Was it? Sorry I know it was at wimbledon, but fuck knows if I remembered when it was last on, just looked, same time as Euros so never even noticed the tennis tbh

It wasn’t last year. His comments were 2 months ago. It was totally unjustifiable to have a go at an 18 year old girl then and to now make out he did her a favour is utterly pathetic. He thinks by saying everyone calling him out on it is woke or virtue signalling he can justify his idiotic comments. Morgan is an odious turd who’s made himself look like a total fucking arsehole. No surprise when you look at his history of being obsequious to Trump and his repeated bullying of Meghan Markle ending with his hissy fit live on TV when called out on it.

And as for Farage, he makes Morgan look likeable.
He’s very very good at his job is Morgan. He is paid to wind people up, and he’s world class at it.

Was it? Sorry I know it was at wimbledon, but fuck knows if I remembered when it was last on, just looked, same time as Euros so never even noticed the tennis tbh
The fact that it was only 2 months ago is proof positive, if any were actually needed, that Morgan is a bullshitting arsehole. Her magnificent composure under intense pressure at Flushing Meadow yesterday demonstrates that her Wimbledon problems, that occurred in a relatively early round just weeks ago, were nothing to do with bottle like Morgan was making out. All from a man who flounced out of a TV studio because a weatherman was mean to him.

The fact that it was only 2 months ago is proof positive, if any were actually needed, that Morgan is a bullshitting arsehole. Her magnificent composure under intense pressure at Flushing Meadow yesterday demonstrates that her Wimbledon problems, that occurred in a relatively early round just weeks ago, were nothing to do with bottle like Morgan was making out. All from a man who flounced out of a TV studio because a weatherman was mean to him.
That doesn’t necessarily follow. Wimbledon was the first time she’d ever been in a situation like that, to be the focus of the nation after only playing one tour level event must’ve seemed crazy to her - I thought it was too much for her. Composure / mental strength isn’t something you either have or don’t have - familiarity and repetition builds that side of your game up

That doesn’t necessarily follow. Wimbledon was the first time she’d ever been in a situation like that, to be the focus of the nation after only playing one tour level event must’ve seemed crazy to her - I thought it was too much for her. Composure / mental strength isn’t something you either have or don’t have - familiarity and repetition builds that side of your game up
Yes but not over two months and just one additional tournament. She’s clearly always had the right temperament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.