Tennis Thread

Very nice, but come on. Who gives a fuck about tennis?

I'm 62 years old and I have played or have friends who have played

Football Rugby Cricket Snooker Darts All types of cards Boxing Martial Arts, lower level car and motor bike sports and even some American sports such as Super Bowl and Entry level NASCAR

Well done to her, but its such a minor / privalaged sport that I cant do it
WTF are you on about

Brilliant achievement, executed in the cool, calm fashion of someone who appears destined for great things.

Nothing but huge respect for someone who is at the very top of her profession at 18 years of age.

Don't watch tennis, as I ain't a fan of the sport so not gonna pretend to overly care or that I watched it just because it was a british player.

But I can say her good on her for winning and congratulations on her achievement, lass has done brilliant, she deserves all the praise and repsect she is being afforded

I don't watch a lot of tennis but do tune into the odd game, usually the finals of slams or a Murray game (if I want pain and drama).

That final was really high class and a far better standard than most of the women's finals I have watched previously.

Huge hitting, excellent range of shots from both and twists and turns throughout. Leylah will be back I'm sure with a game and spirit like that.

To not drop a set and to come through the qualifiers to win it.... incredible. Glad I stayed up to watch it. Emma deserves every second of the praise and fame she will get off the back of this win. One of the greatest ever British sporting achievements I would say.

Ben Stokes scores 136* and puts on 76 with number 11 to beat Australia.
City score twice in the dying minutes to snatch the title from the rags.
Roy Race scores a hattrick as Melchester Rovers win the cup from 2 -0 down.
Unknown qualifier teenager Emma Raducanu wins US Open.
None of this happened, you know.
And the NY Mets won the World Series at Shea Stadium in 1986 thanks to Mookie Wilson's base hit through Bill Buckner's legs. (Only about 100 yards from where Emma played yesterday.)

She’s adorable isn’t she and regardless of a kind draw and the absence of some top names what she’s done is an amazing achievement but let’s have it right - for a qualifier in only her 4th full tour appearance to win a slam speaks volumes for the paucity of depth and talent in the women’s game
Not really. Fernandez beat most of the top ranked players on her way to the final.

One of those stories that just puts a smile on your face, you know?

Genuinely happy for both her and Fernandez. They're both impressive talents, but even more impressively, with incredibly mature heads on their shoulders. Looking forward to their continued successes.

Very nice, but come on. Who gives a fuck about tennis?

I'm 62 years old and I have played or have friends who have played

Football Rugby Cricket Snooker Darts All types of cards Boxing Martial Arts, lower level car and motor bike sports and even some American sports such as Super Bowl and Entry level NASCAR

Well done to her, but its such a minor / privalaged sport that I cant do it
Back to WUM school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.