Tennis

As a teen in the 70`s we had 3 tv channels. Every summer we had Wimbledon take over the screen in summer and snooker in the late autumn/winter.
Both are decent games to play but my Dog! Watching them for any more than half an hour is enough to make anyone turn to drink!
Thank Dog for multi channel tv!

Maybe because Nadal is a 13 (?) times winner there and an icon at the tournament.
Nadal and Federer are perceived as likable and classy sportsmen by the vast majority.

Whereas Djokovic is an anti-vaxxer who continuously causes controversy both on and off the court.

There is also the unfortunate truth for Djokovic, that he arrived on the scene a little late. By the time he became a beast, everyone was either team Nadal or team Federer, naturally a third player coming in and beating these guys with the biggest fan bases becomes the bad guy.
Lots of fair comments there esp about covid, where he hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory.
I’m not tennis expert to put it mildly, but I just like that fact that since day 1 he’s kind of looked,
like, physically normal. As opposed to his opponent.

Wonderful tennis by both nadal and djokovic. The energy by both players is unbelievable. Tonights football is shite compared to this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.