Tennis

Tell you what though Andy Murray came along at the wrong time I mean can you imagine how many grand slams he would have won if not for the big 3 .
I wonder have the 3 pushed each other to greater things or would they have been just as good without the competition
If 2 of the 3 weren't around its possible any one of them could have won 40 titles.

These three players are perhaps the greatest the sport has ever seen.
Live tennis. My dad made me play as a kid at a local community club. Played nearly every day for years (county level at one stage). The club was working class in an ex mining town but the sport is different today.
My heroes were Borg then Lendl (machine but I took to him).

Dropped out over the years (my dad died when I was 11 but sport was one of his legacies) but did resume when my daughter started to play.

Nadal has pulled out of both Wimbledon and the Olympics. It appears to be injury related and currently too much strain on his body.
Would like to have seen him at Wimbledon.
Real chance for Djokovic now to get another title.

So Federer is the tennis equivalent of Liverpool
Nadal the tennis equivalent of united
And Djokovic is City
Oh no. Federer and Nadal are well liked and respected. That could never be said of those red teams.
Federer is Huddersfield of the late twenties, Nadal is Wolves of the early fifties and, ok, the oftcoming naughty boy bringing up the rear is City.
Andy Murray, btw, is Hearts. Just the odd win now and again, but crowded out by giants.
I'd give them all up to get to 40 love with Maria Sharapova.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.