Terrible attendance tonight.....

Jah said:
Could be worse, we could be made to go, without a choice, like the shite down the road..

Mate don't speak to soon, I wouldn't really be surprised if our owners started doing this. £1 Billion on the club and they'll be wanting a profit not just through trophies but revenue as well.

Oh and season cards will be going up no doubt with the VAT increase as well as if we qualify for champs league and/or win the league will be a further increase. Best making use of the cheap prices now before the extortion begins.

Why is last night any different to Juve,Poznan,Salzburg,Notts Forest a couple of years ago,Sheff Wed a few years ago,Groclin, Stoke, Lokeran, West Ham in the QF, Every Euro game bar Hamburg under Hughes and virtually every carling cup games since the competition started.

We hardly ever sell out cup games and I doubt we ever will.

This discussion will be being had again next month after we play Aris.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Why is last night any different to Juve,Poznan,Salzburg,Notts Forest a couple of years ago,Sheff Wed a few years ago,Groclin, Stoke, Lokeran, West Ham in the QF, Every Euro game bar Hamburg under Hughes and virtually every carling cup games since the competition started.

We hardly ever sell out cup games and I doubt we ever will.

This discussion will be being had again next month after we play Aris.

Your right mate there's no difference and that's what annoys me I think I've only ever mentioned the attendance twice (this thread being my second time) I think the last time was last season it does get to me when we have shite attendance I shouldn't let it get to me really. I can understand the people that attend away games fair play but people that don't attend away games should be able to make every home game compensate those away games they've missed. Like I said going away is difficult for me as none of my mates go (hardly) or I'll be working, but I've given up now and think why should I rely on other people so from now on I'll be going away games on my todd as long as I can get time off work and/or tickets.

I went last night but I'm not going to start slating people who didn't. I was a bit disheartened to see all the empty's but not to worry I enjoyed a really good game of cup footy.

The one point I want to add and it has been said on this thread already is that there should be a separate loyalty points system for the cup games. If/when we get to the latter stages of cup competitions demand will rightly increase and the people who went to the earlier games should without doubt have first dibs on tickets. This may increase attendances in the earlier rounds as well.

Couldn't give a flying fuck about the attendance.

All cup games at all clubs get low attendances.

The bizarre thing is that people get upset about it. Why does it bother anybody?

Didsbury Dave said:

The bizarre thing is that people get upset about it. Why does it bother anybody?

It 'embarrasses' some people apparently.

Not giving a fuck what any rag thinks about anything, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

YaYa said:
The one point I want to add and it has been said on this thread already is that there should be a separate loyalty points system for the cup games. If/when we get to the latter stages of cup competitions demand will rightly increase and the people who went to the earlier games should without doubt have first dibs on tickets. This may increase attendances in the earlier rounds as well.

Cracking idea. Another thing they could do, as much as people won't like it, is to have higher loyalty points on offer for the earlier rounds. People are driven by the Loyalty Points scheme, more on offer surely would mean more people in attendance.

Historically we've never sold out cup games, invariably because we were sh*t and knew that there was a very decent chance of us getting knocked out.

In the current climate, I would have thought that the attendances would be far higher based on the fact that:
a) we're good (there are a few exceptions to this statement, granted).
b) we all want to win a trophy.
c) we're one of the favourites to win the trophy.
d) those that can't get to or afford League tickets could go for 15 - 20 quid.

Didsbury Dave said:

It is funny that fans get upset about the attendances! I think they don't like there rags mates taking the piss about it! I was at the auto windscreen trophy game where there was a crowd of about 3800 I'm never embarrassed about our attendances if fans don't want to go its fine by me! Having threads like this won't make em go so it's pretty shit thread!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.