Terrible attendance tonight.....

TheMightyQuinn said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Couldn't give a flying fuck about the attendance.

All cup games at all clubs get low attendances.

The bizarre thing is that people get upset about it. Why does it bother anybody?

It 'embarrasses' some people apparently.

Not giving a fuck what any rag thinks about anything, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

That's actually what I think. It's young blues who are surrounded by United fans. That's why it bothers them, because United kiddies have an attendance fixation.

It's kid's stuff.

A lot of it has to do with the internet in popular football culture in my opinion.

You only need to check this place on a daily basis to see how it works -The press say something bad about City then it's bollocks but anything they say bad about other teams is probably gospel.

We have threads laughing at Liverpool fans for being optimistic/deluded sharing space with threads about how City should never lose a game because we're the best team in the world and it's a dead cert we'll win the league, champs league, fa cup etc every season from here on in.

We have threads laughing about empty seats at OT but we get very precious when our own empty seats are mentioned.

It's all got so incredibly petty that fans are practically living to look good in the eyes of our rivals and very little else.

You can guarantee that had utd played Poznan and copied the moves we'd all be saying it was 'gay' or something like that.

People are just way too fucking precious. I'm surprised some posters don't carry their season cards in their hands at all times to prove they go to games whilst speaking in a cartoon Manc accent to establish that they're local as well as loyal.

I don't care for rival fans opinions because I know how biased and tainted my own are.

TheMightyQuinn said:
A lot of it has to do with the internet in popular football culture in my opinion.

You only need to check this place on a daily basis to see how it works -The press say something bad about City then it's bollocks but anything they say bad about other teams is probably gospel.

We have threads laughing at Liverpool fans for being optimistic/deluded sharing space with threads about how City should never lose a game because we're the best team in the world and it's a dead cert we'll win the league, champs league, fa cup etc every season from here on in.

We have threads laughing about empty seats at OT but we get very precious when our own empty seats are mentioned.

It's all got so incredibly petty that fans are practically living to look good in the eyes of our rivals and very little else.

You can guarantee that had utd played Poznan and copied the moves we'd all be saying it was 'gay' or something like that.

People are just way too fucking precious. I'm surprised some posters don't carry their season cards in their hands at all times to prove they go to games whilst speaking in a cartoon Manc accent to establish that they're local as well as loyal.

I don't care for rival fans opinions because I know how biased and tainted my own are.

Excellent post.

flipmode said:
YaYa said:
The one point I want to add and it has been said on this thread already is that there should be a separate loyalty points system for the cup games. If/when we get to the latter stages of cup competitions demand will rightly increase and the people who went to the earlier games should without doubt have first dibs on tickets. This may increase attendances in the earlier rounds as well.

Cracking idea. Another thing they could do, as much as people won't like it, is to have higher loyalty points on offer for the earlier rounds. People are driven by the Loyalty Points scheme, more on offer surely would mean more people in attendance.

I'm not arsed at all about people not going, read this thread and you can see the reasons why people choose not to go. I couldn't give a fook what any other set of fans think of us either. But like I've said, those that do go should be rewarded for that by having priority for the latter stages.

Good point about more loyalty points for earlier rounds as well, there are a few things the club could do to get more people in but I have to say that £15 to go and watch David Silva is a complete fookin bargain!!!!!!

Haha, good points on there, TMQ.

It's young fans, if you ask me. It's all about texting your mates with banter, or going on forums or FIFA games or whatever. That's the way football is now, a TV/multimedia sport.

It can't be easy being a young blue either, there's no doubt that for the last 15 years the pendulum of local support has swung their way.

In my day the banter was about results. Or, more likely, who battered who in the streets outside.... ;-)

TheMightyQuinn said:

Think your spot in there! Its the newer younger supporters that can't take the stick! I'm bullet proof when it comes to the rags trying to wined me up!

waspish said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Couldn't give a flying fuck about the attendance.

All cup games at all clubs get low attendances.

The bizarre thing is that people get upset about it. Why does it bother anybody?

It is funny that fans get upset about the attendances! I think they don't like there rags mates taking the piss about it! I was at the auto windscreen trophy game where there was a crowd of about 3800 I'm never embarrassed about our attendances if fans don't want to go its fine by me! Having threads like this won't make em go so it's pretty shit thread!!!

I'm sorry I always thought forums were to express matter of opinions not forcing people into believing your opinions therefore making them do things they don't want to. The poor attendance was my opinion just like Tevez shouldn't be taking penalties is someone else's opinion, I wasn't trying to guilt trip people into going to games they don't want to or can't go to.

Didsbury Dave said:
Haha, good points on there, TMQ.

It's young fans, if you ask me. It's all about texting your mates with banter, or going on forums or FIFA games or whatever. That's the way football is now, a TV/multimedia sport.

It can't be easy being a young blue either, there's no doubt that for the last 15 years the pendulum of local support has swung their way.

In my day the banter was about results. Or, more likely, who battered who in the streets outside.... ;-)

Yeah, it's just really petty point scoring really which is totally redundant as football has it's own way of monitoring teams abilities, successes and failures: the league table and various cup competitions.

The people who obsess over our attendances, be they poor or great, are very likely the first ones giving it out when they find out Blackpool don't sell out their allocation for Arsenal on a Tuesday night (for example).

C1TY4LIFE said:
waspish said:
It is funny that fans get upset about the attendances! I think they don't like there rags mates taking the piss about it! I was at the auto windscreen trophy game where there was a crowd of about 3800 I'm never embarrassed about our attendances if fans don't want to go its fine by me! Having threads like this won't make em go so it's pretty shit thread!!!

I'm sorry I always thought forums were to express matter of opinions not forcing people into believing your opinions therefore making them do things they don't want to. The poor attendance was my opinion just like Tevez shouldn't be taking penalties is someone else's opinion, I wasn't trying to guilt trip people into going to games they don't want to or can't go to.

But surely you expected a less than capacity attendance last night based on practically EVERY early round/mid week cup game of the past 20 or so years?

It's nothing new. As someone pointed out, we'll all be saying the same the day after we play in the Uefa in Feb.

I see - it's the fault of the youngsters, the internet etc for talking about attendences. I'm sure the ticket office, the directors and owners are putting it all down to that too and not at all being concrened that how, after assembling one of the best squads in europe and being joint top of the league, we are getting such low gates.
To some extent it questions our "sleeping giant" claims - maybe we are just a "sleeping slightly taller than average person" - I guess we will know for sure when we have some tangible successes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.