Terror Threat Level

Silvercloud

Just been raised to "Severe" which apparently means an attack is highly likely.
The Home Secretary has stated that there will be an increase of cops on the streets from this afternoon.
Scaremongering or reacting to intelligence?

Silvercloud said:
The Home Secretary has stated that there will be an increase of cops on the streets from this afternoon.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and opt for the former.
Clearly folk aren't sufficiently scared by Ebola, erupting Icelandic volcanoes, and the return of Strictly Come Dancing, and need something more to worry about.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Silvercloud said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and opt for the former.
Clearly folk aren't sufficiently scared by Ebola, erupting Icelandic volcanoes, and the return of Strictly Come Dancing, and need something more to worry about.

Strictly is back? Oh you utter bastard...

Silvercloud said:

You missed out arse covering

Also, next week NATO are meeting in Cardiff. Bearing in mind how many heads of government will be in the country, I'm not surprised that the threat level is higher.

However, they don't just wake up in the morning and decide to raise the threat level. There will be some intelligence suggesting we have reason to be more concerned.

I think having a terror threat level is counter productive or at least making public announcements about it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.