Terry Cooper

ColinBellsjockstrap

Terry Cooper: Former Leeds and England defender dies at the age of 77 - BBC Sport

Very sorry to hear this. Terry was always my favourite (Non City) player in the 1960's, he was a great overlapping left wing full back, and had a great partnership with Paul Reaney on the other flank. Played for England in Mexico in 1970. Both players were role models to young kids and played fair unlike some others in that Leeds side such as Giles, Charlton and Bremner, who were wonderful players in their own right and didn't need to resort to the dirty stuff.

Terry also had spells managing both Bristol Rovers And City.

He was a genuine nice guy.

Another I remember from when I first became interested in football gone, but tainted by the fact that he played for dirty Leeds.

R. I. P. Terry.

Terry Cooper: Former Leeds and England defender dies at the age of 77 - BBC Sport

Very sorry to hear this. Terry was always my favourite (Non City) player in the 1960's, he was a great overlapping left wing full back, and had a great partnership with Paul Reaney on the other flank. Played for England in Mexico in 1970. Both players were role models to young kids and played fair unlike some others in that Leeds side such as Giles, Charlton and Bremner, who were wonderful players in their own right and didn't need to resort to the dirty stuff.

Terry also had spells managing both Bristol Rovers And City.

He was a genuine nice guy.
But did anyway, as did the rest of that team.
Good player, though.
RIP.

By no means the dirtiest player in that side. I remember him as one of the first overlapping full backs and certainly the best in England at that time. Did a good job as manager at Bristol City. RIP Terry.

By no means the dirtiest player in that side. I remember him as one of the first overlapping full backs and certainly the best in England at that time. Did a good job as manager at Bristol City. RIP Terry.
Yeah relatives and mates who support Bristol City always say the club would have gone out of business and probably wouldn’t exist today without him. After they plummeted from the first division to the fourth, he took over and did everything from washing the kit to working in the ticket office as well as getting them promoted and taking them to Wembley for the first time ever

Terry Cooper was a great player, make no mistake. One of the finest full backs I've ever seen. The fact that he played for that despicable Leeds side at the time didn't matter at all to me. He was brilliant, and I loved watching him play, even against City, and especially for England. One of the all-time greats. RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.