Terry racism trial, this is going to get nasty

halfcenturyup

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18578637

John Terry racism trial legal team mull 'bad character' bid

John Terry's legal team might make a bad character application against Anton Ferdinand during his racism trial, a court has heard.

The ex-England captain, 31, will stand trial at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 9 July accused of a racially-aggravated public order offence.

Mr Terry's barrister, George Carter-Stephenson QC, has now said he is considering making the application.

Bad character applications are used to cast doubt on a witness' evidence.

The trial relates to a comment allegedly made and caught on camera to the Queens Park Rangers defender when the two teams played last October.

According to the Crown Prosecution Service, "bad character" in criminal proceedings means "evidence of or a disposition towards misconduct".

Mr Carter-Stephenson said: "There is likely to be an application for bad character against Mr Ferdinand about two incidents."

No details were given about what these incidents were.

I've seen the footage of Terry f-ing & jeffing at Ferdinand quite a few times and I'm not sure to be honest. I've watched the same clip and sometimes I think he has said "blind c***" and other times I think he has said "black c***".

Surely in this day and age, actually on the pitch in the Premier League he wouldn't have said the latter would he? Then again, Terry isn't exactly a model citizen is he so (sadly) I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

Either way, you are right it probably will get very nasty.

Shall we take bets on when Terry will appear on Piers Morgan's Life Stories to talk about the "lowest point in my life"?

strongbowholic said:
I've seen the footage of Terry f-ing & jeffing at Ferdinand quite a few times and I'm not sure to be honest. I've watched the same clip and sometimes I think he has said "blind c***" and other times I think he has said "black c***".

Surely in this day and age, actually on the pitch in the Premier League he wouldn't have said the latter would he? Then again, Terry isn't exactly a model citizen is he so (sadly) I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

Either way, you are right it probably will get very nasty.

Shall we take bets on when Terry will appear on Piers Morgan's Life Stories to talk about the "lowest point in my life"?
People start questioning what he said when they watch it in slo-mo, watch it in full speed and trust your first instinct, it's clear as day, horrible racist.

Anyway Terry claims he said "Oi, Anton (I didn't call you a) black ****". So he has already admitted the second part. So the only question is whether in the split second that someones head passed in front of his that he had the time to say "I didn't call you a". He didn't.

And where does Anton Ferdinand's character come into it? He wasn't the one who accused Terry of it, does a bad character deserve racist abuse or what?

While Terry did made a racial remark towards Anton, I dont think Anton is as innocent as he's been portrayed. he knowingly taunted Terry about Bridges affair to get a reaction(which he did).

Exactly, you're a bad character so I am allowed to call you x, y and z. Clutching at straws really.

What a ****.

Terry should just admit it and be allow himself to be the comedy villain.

He shouldn't fight the accusation even though he may not have said anything.

Anton Ferdinand should be held up as a paragon of virtue and all that's good in our society.

Well that's what they (Don't really know who "They" are) want.

If he is found not guilty and escapes the proverbial wrath of the headhunters he should expect an apology from the gnarled twisted fingers pointing his way.

ghost305 said:
While Terry did made a racial remark towards Anton, I dont think Anton is as innocent as he's been portrayed. he knowingly taunted Terry about Bridges affair to get a reaction(which he did).

That's a question of morality not legality.

ghost305 said:

If Terry responds to banter concerning him cheating on his best-mates bird by being racist that just sums up what a kind of vile cretinous bastard he is.

For me, I think he knows he's guilty and which is why he wanted the case knocked back until the end of the season. A last hurrah for him, as his career is over in this country if he is convicted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.