Tesco To Big For There Own Boots

It is NOT a parking ticket.
Only local authorites are empowered to issue them.
This is a bunch of chancers preying on people's ignorance of the law.

C*nts! bet the carpark was empty aswell, now this is a situation where ABH should be legal, people should be ashamed to work for these cowboy companys. So now vans are not allowed into supermarket carparks?!?

denislawsbackheel said:
Take no notice of the parking bill. That's what it is. They are a private company and have no authority to 'fine' you. In fact if their letter calls it a fine they are breaking the law. They fraudulently make them look like official documents. What they can do is take you to court for loss of earnings caused by your parking. I had a similar problem in a Coop car park. Went on the net and found loads of advice. Ignore their letters, or write back as I did telling them to sling their hook and any further letters would be treated as harrassment and reported to the police. They will eventually pass it on to another firm who will threaten you with legal action. I totally ignored it and never heard from them again.
Look here for loads of help.
<a class="postlink" href="http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?aut ... icle&id=56</a>

Spot on.I had the same problem when i parked my ice cream van in Hyde, I WROTE letter after letter 2 months later they gave up.

Yeah they are terrible. I have a friend who is doing a 6 month contract at their head office down south and the way they treat farmers etc is fucking disgusting. They'll go into a local dairy and offer the (off the top of my head) 2p per litre of milk. The dairy think happy days, we're supplying tescos so dump all their other smaller contracts and work soley for Tescos. Then when the contract is up they go back to the dairy and say we'll only pay 0.5p per litre, take it or leave it. The dairy have had to take on extra staff, machinery, cattle etc which needs paying for so are forced to drop their pants and basically make a pittance while Tesco cream millions every year.

brooklandsblue said:
Yeah they are terrible. I have a friend who is doing a 6 month contract at their head office down south and the way they treat farmers etc is fucking disgusting. They'll go into a local dairy and offer the (off the top of my head) 2p per litre of milk. The dairy think happy days, we're supplying tescos so dump all their other smaller contracts and work soley for Tescos. Then when the contract is up they go back to the dairy and say we'll only pay 0.5p per litre, take it or leave it. The dairy have had to take on extra staff, machinery, cattle etc which needs paying for so are forced to drop their pants and basically make a pittance while Tesco cream millions every year.

True!

they also delay payments to their suppliers which leaves the smaller suppliers between a rock and a hard place. they can't afford the cost of the payment delays but they can't afford to lose the contracts either. and those buy one get one free deals are screwed out of their suppliers. the supermarkets are actually offering fuck all free.

rassclot said:
they also delay payments to their suppliers which leaves the smaller suppliers between a rock and a hard place. they can't afford the cost of the payment delays but they can't afford to lose the contracts either. and those buy one get one free deals are screwed out of their suppliers. the supermarkets are actually offering fuck all free.

My mate is like a go between between farmers and Tescos (not employed by tescos but based with them) and he said the attitude and arrogance of the buyers to suppliers is nothing short of disgusting. They literally say we are Tescos, we'll put you out of business if you don't etc etc etc

You might have grabbed a guide to the English language and how to get along with spelling and that pesky 'grammar' while you were at it mate. You will need it if you want to write anyone a letter and be taken seriously.

I have no sympathy with suppliers who find themselves in this position. They must have been incredibly stupid, greedy or naive to not have seen that this would happen. As in investment where you should always diversify into as many markets as possible to protect yourself they should have been supplying as many outlets as possible. Not as convenient and harder work but then they wouldn't be screwed by the 'big boys' who all do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.