Tesla Roadster 0-60 in 1.9 seconds

I used to own a 600hp AMG and given that probably 0-60 in maybe 4 secs it is very hard to imagine 1.9 secs.

Must be absolutely brutal !
What is this obsession with getting from 0 to 60 in supersonic speed ?
Is this some wankathon, mine does it .005 milliseconds faster than yours ?

all this crap is promoted by similar geeks like those immature ex Top Gear twats, lets see how quickly the latest Ferrari XYPP6 can get round the track driven by the Prig. (who gives a shit ?)

I don't get it. Id much rather amble along a country road at 50mph in my mates TR6 which does 0 to 60 in about half an hour.

My concern is what state the battery will be in if you buy a second hand car ? If you have one on a PCP then you are not gonna worry, but when that car is sat on a second hand car dealership forecourt and your kicking it's tyres you will have no idea how the battery has been used in the past . Has it been plugged in all the time to condition the battery? or has it been charged up on the go using the cars engine to recharge it all the time ? The guy in the sheepskin coat will tell you it's in fantastic condition of course !

My thoughts exactly. Batteriies have a life, I'm not sure how the new fangled ones work but there are only so many cycles or charges that a battery can go through before it's technically knackered. A car with dead batteries or dying batteries is surely almost worthless, depending on the cost of new ones that is..

What is this obsession with getting from 0 to 60 in supersonic speed ?
Is this some wankathon, mine does it .005 milliseconds faster than yours ?

all this crap is promoted by similar geeks like those immature ex Top Gear twats, lets see how quickly the latest Ferrari XYPP6 can get round the track driven by the Prig. (who gives a shit ?)

I don't get it. Id much rather amble along a country road at 50mph in my mates TR6 which does 0 to 60 in about half an hour.
Your mate would rather you got your own car rather than nicking his! :-)

I understand that these electric cars are better for the environment than a combustion engine car only when the latter reaches 89k miles. Something to do with the extremely bad for the planet battery production. So bad that it takes 89k of fossil fuel miles for it to be offset. Some car bloke on YT said so, so it must be true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.