Tevez as a lone striker

Halfpenny

As much as I love Tevez, he's not really lone striker material is he? He dropped deep far too often and as a consequence we looked like we were playing 4-6-0, with no outlet. I'd have preferred Ade or Jo to start up there with him, with Silva behind them. Hope that's what we get against the dippers anyway.

Halfpenny said:
As much as I love Tevez, he's not really lone striker material is he? He dropped deep far too often and as a consequence we looked like we were playing 4-6-0, with no outlet. I'd have preferred Ade or Jo to start up there with him, with Silva behind them. Hope that's what we get against the dippers anyway.

Me too.

The lone striker works, but in Tevez's case he needs pace on both wings & midfielders driving forward to help him not having to turn round & take the ball from midfielders.
Bellers on the right & Johnson on the left would have been a big help.
Yes i know this will never happen but a smaller lone striker has to have that kind of help or the ball will just keep coming right back.
Bullet well & truly dodged here.

Worked against Chelsea last year... Horses for course I suppose but I'd have prefered Ade on today personally.

I'm not really a fan of lone strikers, especially when tevez comes as deep as the half way line and no one else is up front for him to work with.

SWP had to fill in as as striker as Tevez wand Silva were playing far too deep.

RM has not found a solution for his new players.

I have to say that Tevez really irritated me today. I understand why he drops deep but he then made no effort to attack the space that creates for him. Instead he ran towards the player with the ball instead of into space, giving him a target.

You can say all you like about lack of match practice but that's basic striker stuff.

Milner and Mario will change the formation completely. Today we played 4-6-0 with 3 DM's!!

Ade is a luxury player. A player who when the other 10 are firing, you can risk him without conceding ground. we are not that team......yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.