Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

twinkletoes said:
Mancini's reaction after the Munich game was a mistake and didn't help the situation.

I think he did it intentionally.

He didn't want any way back for Tevez, whom he rightly saw as a cancer. Mancini didn't want the board to try to patch things up, to cast it as a misunderstanding. He basically wanted to draw a line in the sand and make City choose: him or Tevez.

It was a tactical move more than anything. Why do you think Tevez is considering suing Mancini? Mancini pulled off a massive personal victory in his fight against management and Tevez.

twinkletoes said:
Balti said:
twinkletoes said:
Mancini's reaction after the Munich game was a mistake and didn't help the situation.

but what he was reacting to was a million times worse ....

Tevez reacted to being treated like a performing poodle.

A performing poodle?!? You mean a professional footballer.

Blue Haze said:
twinkletoes said:

I think he did it intentionally.

He didn't want any way back for Tevez, whom he rightly saw as a cancer. Mancini didn't want the board to try to patch things up, to cast it as a misunderstanding. He basically wanted to draw a line in the sand and make City choose: him or Tevez.

It was a tactical move more than anything. Why do you think Tevez is considering suing Mancini? Mancini pulled off a massive personal victory in his fight against management and Tevez.

^This. He knew exactly what he was doing and I'm sure he thought winning the league is worth taking a £20 million bath for, such are the fine lines between success and failure.

Imo the price we bought Tevez for has caused most if not all of this furore. We bought him (and others) at an over inflated price due to the fact that we wanted quality players in a hurry and because other clubs knew of the funds we had at our disposal and took advantage. With hindsight, it seems that Tevez' price was reflected in our situation as much as his own ability.

Other clubs interested in Tevez dont find themselves in the unique situation that we were when we bought him ie. a club with the desire to fast track a team capable of breaking into the top echelons of the game while having the financial muscle to make it happen. How can we expect them to stump up a price that we artificially inflated ourselves?

Of course thats not ignoring how Tevez handled the situation but its almost as though everyone concerned have been caught in a catch 22 situation and Tevez cant or wont handle it with a modicum of maturity. It also seems that a lot of posturing and face saving exercises have taken place by all parties.

When Tevez asked to go to Argentina for a break was he told 100% he "could not go" or was he told to "speak to Mancini" ?
Tevez's camp are saying Tevez tried many times to contact Mancini without success.

Plain Speaking said:
When Tevez asked to go to Argentina for a break was he told 100% he "could not go" or was he told to "speak to Mancini" ?
Tevez's camp are saying Tevez tried many times to contact Mancini without success.
090455+Titanic+Sunk.jpg

colourmeblue said:
Imo the price we bought Tevez for has caused most if not all of this furore. We bought him (and others) at an over inflated price due to the fact that we wanted quality players in a hurry and because other clubs knew of the funds we had at our disposal and took advantage. With hindsight, it seems that Tevez' price was reflected in our situation as much as his own ability.

Other clubs interested in Tevez dont find themselves in the unique situation that we were when we bought him ie. a club with the desire to fast track a team capable of breaking into the top echelons of the game while having the financial muscle to make it happen. How can we expect them to stump up a price that we artificially inflated ourselves?

Of course thats not ignoring how Tevez handled the situation but its almost as though everyone concerned have been caught in a catch 22 situation and Tevez cant or wont handle it with a modicum of maturity. It also seems that a lot of posturing and face saving exercises have taken place by all parties.

So how much do you think we paid for Tevez then?

Barcon said:
colourmeblue said:

So how much do you think we paid for Tevez then?

Thats probably something we'll never know but its almost a moot point. The figures being talked about at the time were astronomical. Im sure we didnt get him for a song but as we asked £40 mill for him in the summer (reportedly) Im sure that gives a fair indication of what it was. The most important thing imo was that our situation at the time ensured that we paid top whack for him whereas any subsequent prospective buyer wouldnt have the same sense of urgency and dare I say it, find themselves in a position to be taken advamtage of.

colourmeblue said:

I agree we paid over inflated transfer fees for certain players however this cannot be said for Tevez.

Over inflated against what ? Carroll for £35 million, Ronaldo £80 million, Juan Veron £27 million 10 years ago. I'm sorry but Tevez is one of the top 10 strikers if not top 5 strikers in World football on football ability and what he brings to a team and he has performed more consistently and better than when he was at Man U.

Is Tevez half the player of Ronaldo ? I don't think so. Arsenal were ultimately 'forced' to sell Fabregas but still got £35 million.

City have had a history of paying top wack and selling cheaply (SWP aside) well those days are over. You either pay the going rate or the player isn't leaving.

However, this pans out (And I still hope a way back can be found) but the last thing we should do is sell the player cheaply otherwise Joorabchian has achieved exactly what he wanted.

The reason I asked, is because you came across as one of those that say we paid 45m for him. I have no reason to believe we didn't pay the 25m that was suggested at the time, and therefore don't believe for one minute that we paid over the odds. We actually got him pretty damm cheap if you ask me.

Sorry, I'm having a brain cramp re: quoting. directed at colourmeblue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.