TEVEZ

My view is this.

No player is bigger than the club.

If a player doesn't want to play for us then we should get rid and find one who does.

I'll be really sorry to see him go, if he goes. But we need player who wear the shirt with pride!

Jasondh said:
My view is this.

If a player doesn't want to play for us then we should get rid and find one who does.

I'll be really sorry to see him go, if he goes. But we need player who wear the shirt with pride!
All that stuff doesn't matter with Tévez. He could play for Hitler and still give 110%...

Anyway....this sounds like the Rooney saga all over again. Hopefully it will be resolved in a few weeks with a bigger contract to please Kia, as Tévez has never seemed to be bothered about pay rises...

Does anyone know how much Tévez is on now?

This is the Rooney saga all over again. Agent wants more money, simple.

Tev is captain of the team 2nd in the prem, progresing in europe, money no object and he's scoring goals galore. No way HE'D want to leave that. So it has to be an agent thing.

Thye timing couldn't be worse for city, but couldnt be better for the agent. The agent is clearly an intelligent if cheeky cnut.

If he goes (which I hope he doesn't) then so be it. We have enough spare change down the back of our couch to buy 1 or 2 excellent replacements.

I'd say go for Drogba or Defoe (weakening other good prem teams in the process) or failing that go abroad for Forlan or Aguero.

Jasondh said:
My view is this.

I agree with this. I love Tevez and the effort he puts in but we can't have any more distractions. If he wants to leave, let him leave.

Give me Jo and Guidetti playing in front of our midfield and I would be happy because they won't complain. Jo is my opinion deserves to play every game, not because he is the best player for the job, but because he just wants to play.

Fuck him off and get Wayne Biggins back.....no really he's got over three years left on his contract and we don't need the money so we can sit on this and he can sit in the stands it's unto him really.

New captain ?????? For me De Jong

The Clubs position is clear.. as it stands at the moment Tevez has handed in a written request to leave MCFC.. We have rejected that request..

Next move to Joorabchian and Tevez.. What I read in between the lines here, is that Joorabchian wants to do more business with City and Tevez wants to extend his contract by one year. City are saying they will not renegotiate any contracts mid-season, which is an excellent policy, I hope Tevez and his agent can respect.

I believe Joorabchian will push this further and attempt to force City's hand-- The problems for Joorabchian and Tevez are that City are:

1. In an extremely powerful position, We can afford to offload Tevez and purchase other top calibre strikers already lined up in January 2011.. The likes of Torres, Dzeko, Hulk, Aguero, etc are not out of our reach..

2. Who is realistically going to buy Tevez in January bearing in mind City will not let their prized asset go cheaply ? Barca don't need him and can't really afford him.. I'm not convinced Madrid and Mourinho want or need him.. I don't see what Tevez would gain from going to Chelsea?

If Tevez leaves then so be it-- nothing lasts forever, and I thank him for all his efforts and endeavour and wish him success in the future.. If he stays I applaud him on making a good decision for a successful future and many trophies and highs at MCFC..

I believe Tevez will stay at City and for fellow True Blues to ignore the giddy rantings of the Desperate Rags.. We should once again adapt to the onslaught of media and rival jealous supporters, circle the wagons, get behind the Club and Tevez and follow City into the Wonderland of Premiership success and Champions League Qualification.. When Tevez returns to Eastlands he can hold clear the air talks with Mancini and if he capitulates sufficiently he perhaps may hold onto the Captain's armband..

CTWD

Theperspective of this thread is slightly naive and therefore wide of the mark. The fact is that the players are effectively controlled by their agents and the agents a commercially bound to seek best possible return for the players (and ergo best return for the agents). . simples.
Tevez is a real grafter / absolute true professional - he always gives 100% on the pitch regardless of shirt and I appreciate him as that highly skilled, hard working and consumate professional. He's great to watch and I'd always want to watch him play.
I'm a City fan in my very bones (and would turn out if we were kicking a bladder on Broadhurst fields on a Sunday morning) so I really appreciate the way the owners have built up a world class facility and brought in world class players. In bringing in the best they also bring in their agents and so we're likely to have a spat like this once in a while. That's part of being in the big time.
That's what brought in Tevez in the 1st place and I enjoy every minute of his time here safe ion the knowledge that he'll be replaced if he leaves and replaced by equal or better - let's sing it for the Sheik!
Mancini is undoubtedly the highest calibre manager we've had in my lifetime (past managers were great for their time but it's a more difficult job with many new pressures nowadays) and I trust him to guide us forward.
On that score - just to get off piste myself - I'm starting to warm to Jo and that's only because Mancini has given him the team time regardless of the anti-Jo feelings. I recon that he's a solid team member and he'll come good soon enough.
In a nutshell? Ah, fuck it . . it'll blow over and we'll carry on - onwards & upwards!

it would seem from Tevezs' latest statement that he certainly feels there is no way back and he has played his last game for City. The Independent says that we have offered him a one off "bonus" payment of several million pounds to try and convince him to stay which he has turned down - Rodney Marsh says that he is already the highest paid player in Europe on £286,000 a week tax free - which means he is costing city somewhere in the region of £600,000 a week in wages.

Tiattos_Waterbottle said:
It's a load of bollocks. The interview on the website has cleared up any doubts, and they were minimal, I ever had about him.

He's told us that 80 Per Cent of what the press say about him is untrue. I'd rather believe him than a bunch of cnuts who are constantly trying to unstabalise this team and have been since September 2008.

Barcelona don't need Tevez, and we don't need to sell. It's a load of bollocks.
I think we should tell him to go and get fucked,after we bailed out of his bad situation,where is the loyalty we are owed. we will win the epl without him,simples!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.