Thaksin news

halfcenturyup said:
Matty said:
Marvin said:
From Bloomberg.

If ever there was a statement that demonstrates how backward some of these countries are then it's this.

If ever there was a statement that demonstrates how ignorant some people on these forums are then it's this.

Ok smart arse, explain to me how it's anything but backward that you can have legal elections where the public vote comprehensively for who they want to win, and then the amy can simply say "we don't want you to govern, so we're going to overthrow you". You can't.

Sometimes people try and be politically correct and bend over backwards so much to not seem racist that they end up looking like a dickhead. Congratulations, you've just acheived this. But, I suppose, as you live in an amongst this political/millitary ridiculousness you're immune to it's idiocy now.

I'm very pleased that Frank's fit youngest sister has won by a landslide. We all owe Thaksin a lot, but I owe a particular debt of grattitude to him. I'm about to tell you my story, and why I owe Thaksin a beer if I ever meet him.

During the time that Manchester City was known in thailand as "Thaksin's blue ship", I was at a party in London, and saw the fittest woman I've ever laid eyes on. I was a 40 year-old batchelor, but I didn't generally fancy oriental women. I thought, "how am I going to break the ice with this flaming hot oriental chick?".

She was 39 years old, her english was good from living here for 7 years, but I'd never been to thailand and didn't know what to talk about. I blurted out that my football team had just been bought by her country's ousted Prime Minister.

Disaster? No. It turned out to be a very smooth move. This woman loved Thaksin, he was the only politician ever to do good for thai people. Thaksin rescued the country from bankrupsy, turned it around, built all the roads near her house, and started the equivalent of the NHS. Her sister was a nurse in the new hospital in her home town etc

Anyhoo, I worked my charm, copped off, shagged her, and now we've been married for 2 years. The first time I got my hands on her surgically-enhanced boobs, I was thinking "Thank you Frank, this one's for you!"

As I'm typing this, there is a 4' 11" thai woman in the kitchen cooking me a stir fry, wearing nothing but a thai-knockoff of last season's City home shirt, white stack heels, and no panties. To any red-blooded, hungry manhester City fan, it really is a site to behold, I can tell you. City have just knocked united out of the FA cup, wewent on to win it, and we're in the Champions league. It doesn't get any better than this. Sometimes I think I've died and gone to heaven.

(Please note: I don't condone the purchase of counterfit goods, City needs to sell shirts to meet UEFA's financial "fair" play rules).

I've discovered a lot about Thaksin since then.

When The thai army froze his accounts and he was struggling, he said something like "running a premiership club is only for rich men. If I don't take Manchester City to success, I will sell the team to someone far richer than myself". I thought "yeah, right", but my wife said "Listen to him. He always does what he says he's going to do. that's why he's the first thai prime misister ever to get re-elected.

Sure enough, Thaksin was in Abu Dhabi building golf courses, and he asked his mate sheik Mansour "do you want to buy a second-hand premiership team? It's a doer-upper, but it has a lot of potential". He we are today, the richest financial superpower in the history of world football, by an order of magnitude.

I liked Sven. He's old, but he's a rolls royce. Compared to Psycho, and the shuffling grey later Keegan years, it was like drinking our man city tea from a proper china cup. That "1-5" scoreboard in germany, and us doing the double over Utd, and I felt sure we would have a manager to be (what's the opposite of ashamed? Oh, yes) proud of for years to come.

"Oh, no. Thaksin sacks everyone. Sven won't be the manager next season" said my wife. He has a bit of Alan Sugar "you're fired" reputation in thailand, apparently.

Here comes the politics bit. Thai politics is very corrupt, and Thaksin had to fire a lot of the dead wood, and made a lot of enemies in the Bangkok royal / military elite. He started a national lottery to fund his NHS and infrastructure plans, and it turns out that thai people love to gamble. The money was actually making it out of Bankgkok to the rest of the country, probably for the first time ever. Thai people were absolutely stunned to see roads and hospitals actually being built. They couldn't believe their eyes. They will never forget that, and no matter how many pro-Thaksin proxy parties get banned, they will keep voting for him.

The rumour going around is that the mayor of Bangkok wanted a slice of the lottery money as a kickback. Thaksin refused, and that was the end of him. The army moved in when he was abroad, addressing the UN.

The army froze his bank accounts. Shinawatre got Singha beer to sponsor the club. One of the army generals (a blue bindippers fan) got Chang beer to sponsor Everton in response - another reason to hate them. Everton V City is the thai yellow shirts V the red shirts in microcosm.

The profit Thaksin made by selling Manchester City has been used to fund the red shirts, and the reason Thailand now has its first female Prime Minister. If any one tells you that City aren't a big team, you can point out that we have the power to change governments, and bring democracy to entire nations. Our new owner bailed out Barclays with his chump change when our government couldn't afford it. He made £3bn profit in 3 months, sold the shares, then told our chairman to rent a van, drive it down to Barclays in London, and bring a wheel barrow.

I know Sheik Mansour has said some claptrap about "furthering the profile of Abu Dhabi abroad". I suspect he just watched a few city games out of politeness to his mate, got addicted to the roller coaster of being a city fan, and now he's "mad for it". I think he wants to contrast what a wealthy, cerebral muslim owner can achieve, in a City where the opposing club is being bled dry by american jews (just outside the city, to be precise).

Thanks to Thaksin, the sleeping giant has awoken (and not just in my pants). Real and Barcelona are our feeder clubs now. Thaksin's blue ship has stepped up from mere thai politics, to being Palestine V Isreal in microcosm.

Matty said:
halfcenturyup said:
Matty said:
If ever there was a statement that demonstrates how backward some of these countries are then it's this.

If ever there was a statement that demonstrates how ignorant some people on these forums are then it's this.

Ok smart arse, explain to me how it's anything but backward that you can have legal elections where the public vote comprehensively for who they want to win, and then the amy can simply say "we don't want you to govern, so we're going to overthrow you". You can't.

Sometimes people try and be politically correct and bend over backwards so much to not seem racist that they end up looking like a dickhead. Congratulations, you've just acheived this. But, I suppose, as you live in an amongst this political/millitary ridiculousness you're immune to it's idiocy now.

Sure I can do that, but first you tell me what you know about the constitutional crisis Thailand was in in 2006, how it arose and what the possible solutions were. Then maybe we can have a debate.

Hatemanyoo said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
117 M34 said:
We owe Thaksin a lot .

Bollocks!

Fuck him.

Didn't give a shit about City.

Totally disagree, if it wasn't for Thaksin Shinawatra, Sheik Mansour would never have bought City, Thaksin Shinawatra sold Manchester City Football Club to the Abu Dhabi Group, coz he knew it had all gone tits up, and he could not fulfil his takeover promise of putting MCFC back on the world footballing stage, so he sold us to someone who could, for that i respect him, and if that's not giving a fuck about City, i would love to see what he'd done had he give a fuck, do you think we would be where we are now had he sold us to Ray Ransom's consortium, i somehow don't think so, thankyou Thaksin.

This! Perfect summary and 100% accurate

Matty said:
halfcenturyup said:

Well done, mate. With that last bit you lost all the sympathy you might have generated and made yourself look just as much of a jerk as you were painting halfcenturyup.

117 M34 said:
Well done Thaksin!

We owe Thaksin a lot - we wouldn't be where we are now without him.
We also wouldn't have Jo but nobody is perfect.

He and Sven bought some of our best players.

The BIG mistake was to sack Sven, but hey-ho that's life.

Ajay said:
Hatemanyoo said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Bollocks!

Fuck him.

Didn't give a shit about City.

Totally disagree, if it wasn't for Thaksin Shinawatra, Sheik Mansour would never have bought City, Thaksin Shinawatra sold Manchester City Football Club to the Abu Dhabi Group, coz he knew it had all gone tits up, and he could not fulfil his takeover promise of putting MCFC back on the world footballing stage, so he sold us to someone who could, for that i respect him, and if that's not giving a fuck about City, i would love to see what he'd done had he give a fuck, do you think we would be where we are now had he sold us to Ray Ransom's consortium, i somehow don't think so, thankyou Thaksin.

FFS, get out of his arsehole.

The man didn't give a fuck about this club.

He dragged its name through the mud.

He associated it with issues that no self respecting football club should ever be associated with.

He used it as a political puppet.

He saw it as his own political toy, meddling with every aspect of it, solely concerned with how it would look/play out in Thailand.

He was a megalomaniac.

But worst of all, he couldn't care less what happened to it.

He took horrendous gambles with the future of the club, taking it closer to oblivion than anyone before or since, solely on the off chance that it might result in the little shit getting political power back in Thailand.

So what if he was lucky enough to have a few contacts with our current owners. It wasn't part of his grand plan. He took us right up shit creek and then managed to be the recipient of the biggest stroke of luck anyone has ever had when trying to offload a club they had completely fucked over.

Mussolini got the trains running on time but he was a cnut and that it was an unintentional side effect of his shite plan. Just like getting lucky when selling the club was an unintentional side effect of Thaksin's grubby little plan to brand this club as, first and foremost, an integral part of Thai politics and his own grubby plays for power.

And are we to believe that our current owners are the equivalent of a two bit lottery winner whose decisions on whether or not to make investments are made on the basis of overtures from a grubby, discredited politician? Did they suddenly get a phone call from him one morning whereby he proceeded to recommend that they buy City, upon which urgings they decided "Oh, well, if Thaksin says its a good investment....."

In terms of this club's history, he is the biggest **** ever to be associated with the club and showed complete disregard for its future and health. No-one else has ever been so unconcerned about the club and therefore taken it so close to oblivion on the off chance that it would aide their totally unrelated (to MCFC) personal ambitions.

He can fuck off.

For all Thaksin's faults, he had the contacts with the Middle East, and had it not been for him then the takeover would not have happened.

Mackintosh spent four years flying the world trying to get investors interested and failed dismally.

Had Thaksin not taken over, Ranson would have.

Rather than discussing whether or not Sanchez or Nasri or Aguerro is our next signing, we'd be discussing the free transfer list from the heady heights of the Championship. And Allardyce or Iain Dowie would be in charge!

Thaksin got lucky, sure. But so did we.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Ajay said:
Hatemanyoo said:

He associated it with issues that no self respecting football club should ever be associated with.

He saw it as his own political toy, meddling with every aspect of it, solely concerned with how it would look/play out in Thailand.

He was a megalomaniac.

He took horrendous gambles with the future of the club, taking it closer to oblivion than anyone before or since, solely on the off chance that it might result in the little shit getting political power back in Thailand.

So what if he was lucky enough to have a few contacts with our current owners. It wasn't part of his grand plan. He took us right up shit creek and then managed to be the recipient of the biggest stroke of luck anyone has ever had when trying to offload a club they had completely fucked over.

Mussolini got the trains running on time but he was a cnut and that it was an unintentional side effect of his shite plan. Just like getting lucky when selling the club was an unintentional side effect of Thaksin's grubby little plan to brand this club as, first and foremost, an integral part of Thai politics and his own grubby plays for power.

And are we to believe that our current owners are the equivalent of a two bit lottery winner whose decisions on whether or not to make investments are made on the basis of overtures from a grubby, discredited politician? Did they suddenly get a phone call from him one morning whereby he proceeded to recommend that they buy City, upon which urgings they decided "Oh, well, if Thaksin says its a good investment....."

In terms of this club's history, he is the biggest **** ever to be associated with the club and showed complete disregard for its future and health. No-one else has ever been so unconcerned about the club and therefore taken it so close to oblivion on the off chance that it would aide their totally unrelated (to MCFC) personal ambitions.

He can fuck off.

Nicely said, Mr Axe. Saved me having to make the effort. Can always relay on you.

-- Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:22 pm --

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Ajay said:
Hatemanyoo said:

He was a megalomaniac.

He can fuck off.

Nicely said, Mr Axe. Saved me having to make the effort. Can always rely on you.

..... so good I said it twice ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.