Thank you and farewell Nikita Parris

I guess if you had a choice between £150k a year or £28 you’d take the former. Unfortunately with the salary cap that’s the choice - so teams in Europe will slowly hoover up all our talent whilst the FA pander to Yeovil and Notts County - who just go bust anyway. All Premier League teams can afford to fund women’s football properly, promote its development and pay the players properly.

Fair point, didn't realise that. Why do the FA have the cap?
Is it to stop us dominating? ;-)
One only has to see the mess Notts County Ladies team got themselves into to see why there is a cap. the bottomline is turning pro for the majority of teams was unrealistic and putting a league together is almost impossible

I guess if you had a choice between £150k a year or £28 you’d take the former. Unfortunately with the salary cap that’s the choice - so teams in Europe will slowly hoover up all our talent whilst the FA pander to Yeovil and Notts County - who just go bust anyway. All Premier League teams can afford to fund women’s football properly, promote its development and pay the players properly.
All the changes were put into place just in time for Manchester United women’s team to enter the league.
Coincidence?

Will the FA wake up and see whats happening - I doubt it. This country is performing at an enormous disadvantage and it cannot be successful in the long term with such a salary cap. The loss of the games best talent abroad will completely devalue the product.

Lyon, Barca, Atletico and numerous other European top Ladies teams will take their pick of our top talent - thats 4 of our best players in 2 years. All current England Internationals. Its amazing we managed to win 2 cups and challenge for the league until the very end. It may well become impossible to do that if that kind of attrition rate continues.
I certainly don't blame the players.

Nikita has been outstanding for us. Here work rate reminds me of Carlos Tevez. She has scored plenty of goals but st times has been too tired to finish after chasing the opposition’s defence around for most of the game.

There has been a step change in the sponsorship coming into the women’s game that might justify the easing of the salary cap. There also needs to be much bigger crowds to justify paying players big money.

Used to go and watch the women when their season finished after the men's but now it's the same time they have lost another match goer
Big step back for the womens game imho.

She's perfectly entitled to do that, we get players the same way, as there are very few that generate transfer fees. The issue is the FA transfer cap on English clubs, because the best in europe don't have this, hence why Lyon take our best players.

That's weird because when James Milner did the same thing in running down his contract & leaving on a free he got slated?

That's weird because when James Milner did the same thing in running down his contract & leaving on a free he got slated?

James Milner gets slated for over celebrating a goal for the Dippers against us and claiming in the press that he left us to win more trophies.

Transfer fees are virtually non-existent in the women’s game so there’s very little comparison with Jimmy Medals, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.