That 0-0 @ Arsenal could prove to be a fantastic point

Marvin said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
That and the point at Spurs in the first game, were the only points we took from the other top seven sides but they were two points that have proved or could prove to be invaluable. But Arsenal really shouldn't be losing to Villa at home.
Not sure what point you are trying to make, but the league leaders have won just 5 games away from home, and that with some help from refs.

The original post was referring back to the hysterical reaction from press and some blues to the City performance at the Emirates. The game is about points, and when you have produced a settled team you can start looking at aesthetics
I was trying to make the point that of all the games we played, the two teams closest to us are Arsenal & Spurs. If we'd lost at either, getting 4th, let alone 3rd, might well have been more difficult.

great point! its the way things are done but its our performances in "smaller" away games has been the let down
the rags won the title taking 3 points from their away trips to the top 7 only 1 more than us

I and most on this forum were happy with a point at the time. Our personnel were clearly outclassed.

Let's hope with the players we can buy this summer we'll have a go at them next time.

Blue Haze said:
I and most on this forum were happy with a point at the time. Our personnel were clearly outclassed.

Let's hope with the players we can buy this summer we'll have a go at them next time.

You don't half talk some crap on here, one day you want Jose the next Roberto!

We were not outclassed in anyway shape or form, we were without key players and did very well, Arsenal had not began their freefall and were playing very well in the Prem

Prestwich_Blue said:
That and the point at Spurs in the first game, were the only points we took from the other top seven sides but they were two points that have proved or could prove to be invaluable. But Arsenal really shouldn't be losing to Villa at home.

Well that and the point from the rags and the three from Liverpool.

stony said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Owned!

stony said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Away I meant.

Ducado said:
Blue Haze said:

You don't half talk some crap on here, one day you want Jose the next Roberto!

We were not outclassed in anyway shape or form, we were without key players and did very well, Arsenal had not began their freefall and were playing very well in the Prem

Go watch the match again. Mancini initially set up with a more attacking formation but when we couldn't keep the ball due to Arsenal's pace and pressing, he waved his hands to signal that we should defend deeply. We just did not have the pace to cope with Arse that day considering our injuries.

And I said so at the time.

You are more bitter than any rag I've seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.