That 0-0 @ Arsenal could prove to be a fantastic point

Toney’s bookie

I know there was a lot of talk about our approach that night but at the end of the season it could prove to be a fantastic result. Just 2 more wins....

Re: That 0-0 could prove to be a fantastic point in the end

It was a great point at the time.

Only our enemies were upset.

mind-reader.jpg

BECAUSE NOT ALL OF US ARE...

;)

Yay! Arsenal is now in the title!

:D

Oj

Re: That 0-0 could prove to be a fantastic point in the end

FantasyIreland said:
It was a great point at the time.

Only our enemies were upset.

Yes that's what context I meant it in to be honest. I was delighted at the time...especially when Fabregas was trying to lecture Roberto as he left the pitch and Mancini just smiled at him as if to say 'shut up you moaning fuckwit'

That and the point at Spurs in the first game, were the only points we took from the other top seven sides but they were two points that have proved or could prove to be invaluable. But Arsenal really shouldn't be losing to Villa at home.

i still don't see it as the shameful display that it was made out to be. just more lopsided "journalism" in my view.

i watched that game and saw an Arsenal side (who had already beaten a 10 man version of City 3-0 this season and boasted that they'd have done the same if we had 15 men) who were up for the game and looked majestic in passing and attack. they came at City again and again and were met by a resolute defence who would allow them to make every pass they wanted, but never that final one to unlock us. City looked to counter attack and maybe sneak a cheeky 1-0 from the Emirates but opportunities were very scarce.

after that match i heard all the press and supporters (many from our own "Mancini out!" brigade) decry our negative approach...

...but all that i could think of was that if Arsenal could defend like we can, or if they had a Vinny, Joe or Nigel... perhaps they'd be Premier or Champions League champions.

it was an excellent point to have and should we go on to finish 3rd, i shall consider it the very point that sent us directly to the group stages of the UCL!

It's clear all is not well at the Emirates and i expect them to lose key players in the summer and be the top 4 fall guys.Probably to the advantage of the dippers.

Prestwich_Blue said:
That and the point at Spurs in the first game, were the only points we took from the other top seven sides but they were two points that have proved or could prove to be invaluable. But Arsenal really shouldn't be losing to Villa at home.
Not sure what point you are trying to make, but the league leaders have won just 5 games away from home, and that with some help from refs.

The original post was referring back to the hysterical reaction from press and some blues to the City performance at the Emirates. The game is about points, and when you have produced a settled team you can start looking at aesthetics

got a fool of an arsenal fan whos a mate at uni, told him if we finished a point above them it'd be a great performance. come on city, the gloating will be immense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.