That 'guitar' theme used in Central/South American/Mexican Films/Documentarys...

somapop

I'm usually on fire with googling one of those random thoughts and harvesting the result pretty quickly...
But I'm struggling here (and I've a lot whirring around my brain at the moment).

There's a short piece of Spanish guitar music used in lots of Central/South films and documentaries (envisage a Mexican town with a beautiful, cacti laden backdrop...). There''s a similar theme used in Narcos: Mexico but this is more of a 'copy'. Just a solo guy with some pretty quick finger work (stop laughing at the back).
I thought it may have been in Sicario (I'm convinced it was originally used in a drugs cartel movie) but struggling to find it on the soundtrack....Babel...? Traffic (Steven Soderbergh)?
Sure it's used extensively on BBC4 drug cartel docs too...

Bloody worm in the brain this one...HELP!!

Watch something where you know you’ve heard it then use Shazam on your phone to tell you what it is.

Was convinced it was Sicario but that's a relatively new movie (2015) and I first heard this years ago.
Skipped through the soundtrack on Spotify and it wasn't that.
Then thought of Babel (with Bradford Pit)...could picture the 'desert' vibe in my minds eye. Checked the soundtrack...nada...but then another check brought up some thing similar....checked his other work and hey presto!! Thank christ!!!

This has been used so much in Cartel docs (and aped in Narcos):

I'm usually on fire with googling one of those random thoughts and harvesting the result pretty quickly...
But I'm struggling here (and I've a lot whirring around my brain at the moment).

There's a short piece of Spanish guitar music used in lots of Central/South films and documentaries (envisage a Mexican town with a beautiful, cacti laden backdrop...). There''s a similar theme used in Narcos: Mexico but this is more of a 'copy'. Just a solo guy with some pretty quick finger work (stop laughing at the back).
I thought it may have been in Sicario (I'm convinced it was originally used in a drugs cartel movie) but struggling to find it on the soundtrack....Babel...? Traffic (Steven Soderbergh)?
Sure it's used extensively on BBC4 drug cartel docs too...

Bloody worm in the brain this one...HELP!!

Have you had a look on You Tube for John Williams guitarist?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.