That Hamburg night in Manchester

DJBusinesscake

Feels like another lifetime ago now, the atmosphere was on another level, easily the best atmosphere i can remember. This game also gets mentioned alot from other blues saying the same thing.

But why was the atmosphere so good for that game? What was so special about it? Why havnt we had alot more nights like that? What nights can you recall being just as good?

Feels like another lifetime ago now, the atmosphere was on another level, easily the best atmosphere i can remember. This game also gets mentioned alot from other blues saying the same thing.

But why was the atmosphere so good for that game? What was so special about it? Why havnt we had alot more nights like that? What nights can you recall being just as good?

Yes it was the best atmosphere. I think kids were a quid and we had a chance of progressing into the later stages of Europe for ages.

Shows how far we’ve come as a club last few years, etihad was rocking that night! but if we played “only” hamburg now unfortunatly it’d be nowhere near the same

What an atmosphere

spent a full minute celebrating the goal (caicedo?) that was disallowed before I realised

Any videos?

The ticket prices had been reduced drastically I think to 5 pounds maybe 15 cant quite remember, but the result was the fans who used to have Maine Rd rocking when we where in Div 2 could afford to attend what was a high profile game for the club at the time . This created a ground full of life long city fans and finally a game that meant we might get near a trophy, the perfect combination at the time to get the place rocking.

I think the main thing was that we were coming from behind and ALMOST got ahead in the tie about 5 times. We spent almost the entire game willing City to score one more goal, and we were doing everything EXCEPT score the goal.

The best full game atmosphere, of just supporting the lads full on for 90 minutes, I have ever experienced. However, 93:20 will NEVER be topped IMHO. That release was like 50,000 world class orgasms all climaxing at once. Even people who had been around football for 30, 40, even 50 years said they had never seen anything like it. I’m not sure a single goal has ever been celebrated like that before in English football.

Last edited:
Just shows what we, the fans, can do when we put an effort in. I’ve got a feeling we might get some more nights that that in future when we realise what we missed when we couldn’t go to the match.

Silent fans should continue to self-isolate, merely occupying a seat isn’t supporting our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.