That Hamburg night in Manchester

Seemed like everyone had scooped the lottery, the rags had just been relegated, we'd got the all-clear from a cancer scare, and it was everybody's twenty first. Hamburg fans must get credit too for contributing to the atmosphere. The difference between this night and the 93-20 was the lack of fear. Would have been nice to go through, but that's all, where-as the thought of blowing it and presenting the rags with the trophy was on everyone's mind......Unique circumstances that are unlikely ever to be equalled; even the Palace fans were ecstatic at escaping the drop, incredible stuff, but all in the last moments of an arse-twitching ordeal.

Best atmosphere we’ve ever produced at the Etihad in my opinion

cheap tickets and allowing people to buy up to 5 tickets was the reason. Loads of blues went who had been priced out - including me and 5 others who sat in the east stand

this is what we are capable of. Spurs in the champions league was the closest to that sort of noise for me. City ! City !

Great night the Hamburg game, fiver a ticket I think.
I’ve criticised our atmosphere loads in the last couple of years but in amongst all the poor atmospheres, I think we have produced a couple of belting atmospheres on a par with that Hamburg game, could even argue the Liverpool game last season was the best we’ve had for me.

If you watch the Hamburg highlights, the atmosphere was dead just before Caseido scored
This Hamburg "best ever atmosphere" has become the biggest myth since the always fantastic atmosphere at Maine Road

Not sure I agree with this. Sometimes atmospheres do not always come across on the telly but the fact so many remember it as being fantastic suggests there might be some truth in it.

Like I said for me it was Pool last season but Hamburg would be the second game that springs to mind.

Not sure I agree with this. Sometimes atmospheres do not always come across on the telly but the fact so many remember it as being fantastic suggests there might be some truth in it.

Like I said for me it was Pool last season but Hamburg would be the second game that springs to mind.
I'd put the Liverpool game right up there as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.