That Watchmen Movie

I liked it. Read the comics as advised by Bigga, which probably helped lay the foundations of the plot. Cracking effort at condensing all of the books into the time they allowed for the film. It was either that or split it in to two films. All in all it was better than some of the 'superhero' genre films that have been allowed to be released over the years.

Joycee Banercheck said:
I liked it. Read the comics as advised by Bigga, which probably helped lay the foundations of the plot. Cracking effort at condensing all of the books into the time they allowed for the film. It was either that or split it in to two films. All in all it was better than some of the 'superhero' genre films that have been allowed to be released over the years.

*doffs cap to JB*

It's not hard, but, oh well. Can't please every b*gger...

Joycee Banercheck said:

I'm with you, I thoroughly enjoyed it too. I don't mind a slow-moving film, although it was a bit too stylised and 'shiny' as compared to the rather more grimy source material. Anyone attempting to film Watchmen is on a hiding to nothing, however, so I guess Snyder should be applauded for having the guts to even try it when it might easily have screwed his career.

BingoBango said:
Joycee Banercheck said:

I'm with you, I thoroughly enjoyed it too. I don't mind a slow-moving film, although it was a bit too stylised and 'shiny' as compared to the rather more grimy source material. Anyone attempting to film Watchmen is on a hiding to nothing, however, so I guess Snyder should be applauded for having the guts to even try it when it might easily have screwed his career.

Indeed. I like that someone had the faith in their own vision to try it. Although it doesn't help to pander to studio fears that the film was 'too long'! They, clearly, just had the 'numbers' in mind.

I didn't know about the Christmas release and that shall be interesting to view as will the 'Director's Cut', which I shall look over tonight... or over the weekend, when I can find 3 hours spare!

Bigga said:
Joycee Banercheck said:

*doffs cap to JB*

We have the same opinion so you are great mate you get a doffed cap.

Everybody else is thick and should stick to American Pie though.

*puts baseball cap on and looks around sink estate*

Amazing film. Something with a non-linear plot that you can really think about. The opening scene, then credits that follows it with The Times They Are A'Changing playing was a brilliant piece of film this year.

It was dark, the characters weren't one dimensional, but had very real flaws and more importantly interesting personalities, which you hardly ever find in 'superhero' movies. Each character was an exagerated paradoy of an archetype. The ultimate right wing Rorsach. The Comedian was the American Dream taken to it's conclusion, Dr Manhattan was Science at it's extremes. They all represented these things to their furthest degree I think.

The comic isn't half bad as well ;)

I like certain characters in the film, I loved Rorschach and The Comedian. It was good to see the film from different angles. I never read the comics or the book and I probably never will. What irritated me the most seemed to be the indecision and tooing-and-froing for Silk Spectre between Dr. Manhattan and Nite Owl it is a side of Superhero films that you never really see and it was interesting but it seemed to be exaggerated.

I found some of the characters rather weak and lacking and some even irritating - Nite Owl II being the main culprit, I understand the need to portray him as a human aswell as a hero but he just seemed lacking.

i watched a late night showing of this at the printworks. literally didnt finish till3 am. was absolutely dog wank. plenty of tit action tho

Tell The King said:
Amazing film. Something with a non-linear plot that you can really think about. The opening scene, then credits that follows it with The Times They Are A'Changing playing was a brilliant piece of film this year.

It was dark, the characters weren't one dimensional, but had very real flaws and more importantly interesting personalities, which you hardly ever find in 'superhero' movies. Each character was an exagerated paradoy of an archetype. The ultimate right wing Rorsach. The Comedian was the American Dream taken to it's conclusion, Dr Manhattan was Science at it's extremes. They all represented these things to their furthest degree I think.

The comic isn't half bad as well ;)

And fidel castro killed Kennedy.......... shakes head continuously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.