That Watchmen Movie

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I concur, biggest barrel of monkey spunk i've seen.... Dc simply can't compete with Marvel.
And indeed the soundtrack is smoking

Gotta love Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound Of Silence.

bluealf said:
Bigga said:
*doffs cap to JB*

We have the same opinion so you are great mate you get a doffed cap.

Everybody else is thick and should stick to American Pie though.

*puts baseball cap on and looks around sink estate*

You never offered an 'opinion'. Just stated you think it would be boring because some, like me, lauded the effort to make a complex graphic novel into a watchable film.

Correct me, if I'm wrong...

Which I doubt...

I think you really need to read the book to 'get' the film. It has pretensions to being deep and philosophical, like many graphic novels.

bluealf said:
Bigga said:
*doffs cap to JB*

We have the same opinion so you are great mate you get a doffed cap.

Everybody else is thick and should stick to American Pie though.

*puts baseball cap on and looks around sink estate*

'Indeed'.

*Puts on smoking jacket and lights pipe*

bluealf said:
I dont think i will bother watching it now, reading this thread and reading Bigga being all nerdy over it has bored me enough all ready.

Now where are my special underpants and cape.

I think you should stop being a sheep and watch it, then form an opinion of your own, never go by what other people say about films.

Godfather said:
bluealf said:
I dont think i will bother watching it now, reading this thread and reading Bigga being all nerdy over it has bored me enough all ready.

Now where are my special underpants and cape.

I think you should stop being a sheep and watch it, then form an opinion of your own, never go by what other people say about films.

Could not have put it better!

Watched it Saturday while the ball and chain was at work, and have to say I enjoyed it immensely. Never read the graphic novel, but am a huge fan of the genre which I'm sure helped.

Cant argue that the soundrack was quality either :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bng3agUOYiI[/youtube]

Tell The King said:
Amazing film. Something with a non-linear plot that you can really think about. The opening scene, then credits that follows it with The Times They Are A'Changing playing was a brilliant piece of film this year.

It was dark, the characters weren't one dimensional, but had very real flaws and more importantly interesting personalities, which you hardly ever find in 'superhero' movies. Each character was an exagerated paradoy of an archetype. The ultimate right wing Rorsach. The Comedian was the American Dream taken to it's conclusion, Dr Manhattan was Science at it's extremes. They all represented these things to their furthest degree I think.

The comic isn't half bad as well ;)

There are other levels of observation that those characters convey.

Dr Manhattan ultimately thinks Human Beings are worthless, with each passing moment, as his own humanity is being purged from him. The Comedian thinks the same thing, but embraces that fact. Rorsach also thinks Humans are worthless, but wants eradicate the worthless by any means. Night Owl II is that worthless Human Being, but even in the vulnerability and flawed state, he still has hope. Ozzy sees the hope, the worthlessness and hate and has to unite them all by any means.

It's brilliant writing, but the released film makes it look hashed and confusing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.