That water feature in Piccadilly Gardens

As is your great humour. Great thread. Make sure you visit our city again soon. Maybe best roundabouts in darkness next time?
That must have been done surely….I remember a “Roundabouts of Bolton” calendar back in the day…

The council are a disgrace to allow the decline of the gardens from the way it was.
View attachment 26578
Those gardens were beautiful when I was growing up back in the 70s. Were they perfect? No. Winos used to frequent them. But they were infinitely better than what's there now. Surely, there's enough forward thinking people in the council that could come up with some regeneration plan that the people of Manchester can get behind?

We have that exact postcard the gardens were beautiful slightly different flowers most of the year. People were employed by the council to maintain them jobs for the workers

There is nothing nice about them now a waste of ratepayers money.
the little children are attracted to the fountains and love running in and out too young to notice the riffraff that hangs about
Pretty much sums up how I feel. I don't know what impression visitors to my home city get when they see the gardens. Oh, to wind the clock back 50 years, back to how they were back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.