The Spiteful Nine

It was designed as an optimal financial strategy. Spend enough to make the top four but insufficient to threaten to win anything.

Miss the top-four one year and the whole plan implodes.

and stir the shit for the team that replaces one of the untouchables.....

Fuckin Arsenal and their 'history', financial problems, dodgy promotion to Division 1, the 'Kings' of 'North London' although they originated from the south-east, won NOTHING until 1930 and did it with lots of money hence them being known as the 'Bank of England' club. Move to the 90's and not much changes, George's brown envelopes and a huge and unprecedented deal for the stadium naming rights although Arsene doesn't agree with such things now and seems to forget how much his beloved club have spent on players both when we didn't have a pot to piss in and recently with the likes of Ozil, Mustafi, Lacazette, Abemyang, Pepe etc. Bunch of bitter cnuts who deserve nothing but perpetual mediocrity

Didn't they also raid Huddersfield Towns championship winning squad, and possible manager too ?

Didn't they also raid Huddersfield Towns championship winning squad, and possible manager too ?
Yep. Not to mention the corruption that got them into the first division in the first place, at Tottenham’s expense.
Their prime movers in those days came from Glossop North End

Certainly the manager (Herbert Chapman) and I did hear/read that they also raided them for players but didn't add it to the post in case that bit was incorrect. I did originally write :- 'bought the Huddersfield manager and their players down to London' but then deleted it as I wasn't 100% certain about the latter

Fat bloke in the white T-shirt and Arsenal jester hat, getting twatted about by a City lad half his size? That’s that Booom! dickhead off Arsenal FanTV and Storage Wars UK
I was feeling (just) a little sorry for him....standing out as a big bloke and all that. But if it's that wanker that's made me quite happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.