The Spiteful Nine

Another thing that pisses me off is that in the 10 years prior to 2010 - so 1999 onwards, 3 clubs won the Premier League title. Since we have come in with investment, 5 different clubs have won the league title in the 10 years since 2010. We CLEARLY have thrown a cat amongst the pigeons and the competition has evened out. I just cannot see how a lot of these fuckwits over at RAWK etc can't see that. They claim that no other club can compete with us, but in actual fact we evened the compeition out.

with other Arabian countries)
Egypt and Bahrain. But not Oman or Kuwait, the other members of the GCC.

have had a blockade over Qatar for three years due to them having links to terrorist groups.
The Muslim Brotherhood which is not designated as a terrorist organisation by The West and in reality was an attempted invasion/coup organised by Crown Prince MBS (of journalist dismemberment fame) when KSA decided that they quite fancied reducing their national deficit by taking over the North Oil and Gas Field.

Just this week Qatar Airways is saying they’re suing UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Egypt for financial damages caused by the blockade.
After the air blockade was ratified as being illegal per Yahoo News: “The announcement came a day after the International Court of Justice ruled Qatar could challenge airspace restrictions imposed by Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt over three years ago before the UN's International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).”

You’re no doubt right there’s a lot of politics involved and whilst Qatar is now much stronger than it was prior to the blockade, it did spend around a month fighting for its own survival in the back corridors of Western politics and was saved from invasion primarily through the efforts of Rex Tillerson.

Last edited:
PSG bought UEFA's respect, we refused , we did it by the book, but our dirty Arab owners would not give them what they wanted under the table ( brown envelopes stuffed with $$$$$$)

I think it's high time our wonderful owners were a little more proactive in telling the world what they have done, infrastructure, employment and raising the standard of English Football to new heights.

It's taken 30 years to rebuild English soccer's reputation in Europe after what Liverpool did at Heysel.
I agree with this up to the last sentence, not defending what happened at Heysel, but its fair to say, it was largely a collective effort "we" for a number of reasons (not least of which being our domination of the European game)had pissed European football off to the point it was going to happen sooner or later(ironically the national team that had caused much of the ill will never got banned(I can tell you a very strange story about the Euros that followed this, but I won't bore you further..)

Another thing that pisses me off is that in the 10 years prior to 2010 - so 1999 onwards, 3 clubs won the Premier League title. Since we have come in with investment, 5 different clubs have won the league title in the 10 years since 2010. We CLEARLY have thrown a cat amongst the pigeons and the competition has evened out. I just cannot see how a lot of these fuckwits over at RAWK etc can't see that. They claim that no other club can compete with us, but in actual fact we evened the compeition out.
From the start of the PL (1992) and for the next 19(nineteen) years there were just 4 different winners, the rags with no less than 12 of them, Arsenal with 3, Chelsea with 3 and Blackburn being the outlier (although like Chelsea they needed a huge cash influx to do it).

In the following 9 seasons there were 5 different winners. City with 4, Chelsea with another 2, Leicester with 1, the rags with 1 and Liverpool being the outlier :) with 1 also.

City, ruining competition since 2012.

My arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.