The Spiteful Nine

I think someone mentioned results of the Hateful 8/9
I thought about this, and decided to create a spreadsheet:
image.png

So what does this show...
1. Wolves were consistently crap against the hateful 8, winning only one game out of 16.

2. Generally the clubs got more PPG against the 'Others' than the rest of the hateful 8, except United, which was basically the same.
But this would generally be correct as the teams in the 8 are generally in the top half of the table. Though the differences between the PPG's for Burnley, Leicester, Newcastle and Tottenham are quite large... and possibly bear further analysis.

3. Livarpool were consistently good against the 8 and others

Conclusion:
No smoking gun on potential collusions, other than Wolves were not good against the 8

If anyone wants the spreadsheet, PM me.

Now hoping the Newcastle takeover crashes and burns.

Are we? Presumably it's the incumbent lot who wrote to CAS, but even if it was PIF who told them to, I would rather have someone else going after the top 6 spots and old big 4.

Frankly in 5 years I'd like to see a table thats

1) City
2) Wolves
3) Leicester
4) Newcastle

Nop
Are we? Presumably it's the incumbent lot who wrote to CAS, but even if it was PIF who told them to, I would rather have someone else going after the top 6 spots and old big 4.

Frankly in 5 years I'd like to see a table thats

1) City
2) Wolves
3) Leicester
4) Newcastle
Nope, City Champions, Sheff utd runners up

I do think that we need not focus on the ‘hateful 8’ or ‘nauseous 9‘ anymore, as all they were really doing was what many of us do, and acting mainly out of self interest.
The one exception to that is, of course, Liverpool FC, the only team guaranteed not to benefit, in terms of qualification for 20/21, and so the only team who signed that letter out of nothing but spite.
I really would rather have the rags win the PL next season than them, which says it all really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pam
The line in the sand between ourselves and the rags was drawn decades ago, but there's barely a playing card's width between our oldest enemy and the Scousers these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.