The 15.53 Hebden Bridge to Burnley "conspiracy".........

M18CTID

Right, enough of the football and Saturday's poor performance. That's all been discussed in detail elsewhere. More importantly, what the hell happened with the above-mentioned train? Hundreds of City fans on the platform having a good natured sing-song then it transpires that the train had "broken down" and had therefore been "cancelled" - well, according to the police it was. Cue most blues exiting the station and having to look for alternative modes of transport to make the 5.30pm kick-off. Luckily we hung around the station and a mate went back on to the platform - by now it was gone 4.15pm but a copper told him that the "cancelled" train was magically due in in a couple of minutes. A quick sprint onto the platform and I just made it but by then most blues had forked out a fortune in taxis to get to Burnley. On the way home, I got speaking to one bloke and it turns out that the train was simply held back at Halifax.

Even the police are in on the agenda!! Seriously though, why do they fuck us football fans over and create problems that aren't there?

M18CTID said:
Right, enough of the football and Saturday's poor performance. That's all been discussed in detail elsewhere. More importantly, what the hell happened with the above-mentioned train? Hundreds of City fans on the platform having a good natured sing-song then it transpires that the train had "broken down" and had therefore been "cancelled" - well, according to the police it was. Cue most blues exiting the station and having to look for alternative modes of transport to make the 5.30pm kick-off. Luckily we hung around the station and a mate went back on to the platform - by now it was gone 4.15pm but a copper told him that the "cancelled" train was magically due in in a couple of minutes. A quick sprint onto the platform and I just made it but by then most blues had forked out a fortune in taxis to get to Burnley. On the way home, I got speaking to one bloke and it turns out that the train was simply held back at Halifax.

Even the police are in on the agenda!! Seriously though, why do they fuck us football fans over and create problems that aren't there?
About 10 of us went for that train and in the end went back into Hebden Bridge, 6 got taxis but four of us just went back in the Albert pub and got the next train, cut the kick off fine but we just made it, heard later about the Halifax incident later on, if true the police are twats and the anti City agenda is alive and well lol, the real fun was on the train back.....see City fans fighting amongst themselves thread

It's probably communication. Train staff are notoriously bad and peddle half truths to get rid of you. It's in their interests to stick you on a train and get rid of you rather than have you hanging around.

I'd love to travel on a train full of Blues somewhere. I bet it's an experience.

peoffrey said:
It's probably communication. Train staff are notoriously bad and peddle half truths to get rid of you. It's in their interests to stick you on a train and get rid of you rather than have you hanging around.

I'd love to travel on a train full of Blues somewhere. I bet it's an experience.
Experience! Haha yes it is if you like smelly farts, someone with halitosis pressing his face near yours, young lads shouting and doing what young lads do, people fleeing the carriage to get away from everyone, train guards trying to get people to pay, police piling on and trying to restore order, yes it's great when we play near teams like Burnley

The police seem to be extremely wary of 'crowd' situations and prefer to 'nip' them before they even exist. I fear it is a throwback to how they handled Hillsborough. Kettling, closing motorways for hours on end, cancelling trains - all part of community policing!

peoffrey said:

This is what we couldn't understand. If, as I suspect, the police were panicking about so many blues landing in Burnley so close to kick-off at once the alternative scenario of fragmenting the crowd leading to pissed-up and pissed off City fans wandering round Hebden Bridge trying to flag down taxis, etc, isn't a particularly clever move either.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The police seem to be extremely wary of 'crowd' situations and prefer to 'nip' them before they even exist. I fear it is a throwback to how they handled Hillsborough. Kettling, closing motorways for hours on end, cancelling trains - all part of community policing!

One copper in particular made us laugh - talking to him at Burnley Manc Road station after the game he tried to claim some credit by saying that they had "reinstated" the cancelled train in question. My mate said "You reinstated fuck all because it was never cancelled in the first place!" Later at Hebden Bridge when we had missed our train home to Victoria (as a result of the post-match delayed train from Burnley to Hebden Bridge) so had about a 40 minute wait until the next one, we decided to go for a quick pint. The same copper again overheard our conversation so pipes up "Don't be late!" Errrrrr, ok dad!

peoffrey said:

James, the football specials were some experience back in the day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.